PDA

View Full Version : How long to keep household risk assessments?

welshgirl
15-06-2011, 08:54 PM
Just wondering how long you keep risk assessments for. I have box files full of household/garden risk assessments and check lists. I would like to recycle them as I obviously don't need a risk assessment I did 3 years ago! but do I need them for Mrs O?

sarah707
16-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Do you mean daily risk assessments?

I keep them for about 6 months then recycle as I put new ones in the file.

However if they say something important or show a change I keep them longer - maybe a year just to make sure :D

lisa b
17-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree with Sarah, just keep the ones that have needed changes made.

rickysmiths
17-06-2011, 09:15 PM
I keep them for 6 mths after I update them or make a change. For Outtings ones they are shreded as soon as I do a new one.

my house would sink under the paper otherwise :laughing:

onceinabluemoon
18-06-2011, 07:50 AM
I update mine yearly unless any other change is needed in the mean time. the old ones then get recycled.

TheBTeam
18-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I update mine yearly and print off the new one and then replace it in my file and bin the old one. I know in theory you could argue that you might need to produce the exact version you worked from in the future so i guess having given that a thought i might put the updated version in the file on top of the old!

But i have a sheet with just narrow lines where i write which risk assessment i have followed for any non routine outines, with a clear statement that any outings carried out as part of our daily routine are not recorded on the risk assessment followed sheet, just the ones that are non routine etc.

My inspector in march was really impressed with the way i did things so until the next picky one i am okay! It will be hubbys around about November!:rolleyes: