PDA

View Full Version : Getting there slowly, advice needed !

centralperkgal
15-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi

I don't post much but read up quite alot on here. I have 3 sessions left on my pre-childminding course. I have my EYDA coming on Friday 24th to go through things. I have filled in my applications for Ofsted and am taking my GP booklet to the surgery today. Policies and procedures are in a folder ready, risk assessments done. I am a bag of nerves lol - I worry that I am over thinking everything!!!!

I have risk assessments on various things (outing in the car, walking to school, outdoor play, my living room,kitchen, hall/landing/stairs etc). Basics really for example school run ...
Area to consider = crossing the road
What I have in place = I have taught the children road safety and this is an on going exercise, we always use the lollipop lady to cross
Action to be taken = Continue to teach road safety, ensure children are aware of the dangers and that they walk with me sensibly at all times.

My friend said to me today I need to number my risk assesments giving them a bracket of "high risk, Medium Risk and low risk" - HELP!!! I don't know what I am doing lol Does what I have already done seem ok????
Thanks in advance :)

sarah707
15-06-2011, 05:32 PM
It sounds like you are on the right track.

Some childminders do grade their risks according to high / medium / low or using a number but that is not a statutory requirement.

If you read what it says in the Eyfs about RAs... that's what you have to do.

Good luck with it all! :D