PDA

View Full Version : Morton Michel or NCMA?

Kasha1
13-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Hiya i am currently in the process of starting up my childminding business but am unsure of who to go to for the best start up pack for contracts and the paperwork that comes with in the file box any advice would be of great help. Thanks Debbie:confused:

pinkbutterfly
25-06-2011, 11:33 PM
When I started out I went with NCMA. My LA paid for it and I chose it because it seemed the right thing to do.
I have just reneved my insurance and decided to change to MM. Their paperwork is better in my opinion and you don't have to use theirs as you can write your own if you want to.
If you pick NCMA you MUST use their paperwork.
If you're with MM and have a non paying parent you can stop childcare immediately but with NCMA you still have to work your notice period even though they haven't paid you.
I will however buy NCMA membership separately. But for insurance MM all the way.

Marshmallow
26-06-2011, 10:41 PM
When I started out I went with NCMA. My LA paid for it and I chose it because it seemed the right thing to do.
I have just reneved my insurance and decided to change to MM. Their paperwork is better in my opinion and you don't have to use theirs as you can write your own if you want to.
If you pick NCMA you MUST use their paperwork.
If you're with MM and have a non paying parent you can stop childcare immediately but with NCMA you still have to work your notice period even though they haven't paid you.
I will however buy NCMA membership separately. But for insurance MM all the way.

:clapping: I'm the same as Pinkbutterfly ! MM all the way :thumbsup:

saly
27-06-2011, 07:26 AM
me 2 MM all the way :jump for joy:

Konoko
21-07-2011, 07:06 PM
:clapping: I'm the same as Pinkbutterfly ! MM all the way :thumbsup:

Same as you guys! :)

tulip0803
21-07-2011, 07:11 PM
I am a member of the NCMA and use their paperwork - I like being a member of a professional organisation and they do lots of work for childminders on local and government level and do good courses in my area for members.

However like pinkbutterfly I have PLI through MM as I believe they offer a better service.

I will always be a member of the NCMA but will look for the best insurance deal. I also like NCMA paperwork