PDA

View Full Version : My new website

13Katrina
12-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Hey everyone,

In the process of setting up my website.

I actually have two, as I wasn't really sure what I was doing or what I wanted.

Opinions would be appriciated.

Content is essentially the same, so no need to read at length. Really want to know which is more interesting and user friendly.

http://childminderfareham.moonfruit.com/

http://www.childmindingfareham.co.uk/

Thanks in advance for your time.

Katrina x x

sarah707
13-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Thank you for the link to the forum :D

Rain or Shine
13-06-2011, 07:26 AM
Both are really lovely, I couldn't choose which i like best. Loved the little sticky note with vacancies on it.
You have lots of information on there for parents xxx

Toothfairy
13-06-2011, 08:21 AM
I prefered the first one with the lists down the side and the sticky notes.
There were a few spelling mistakes, but over all I really liked it :thumbsup:

Roseolivia
13-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I liked the moonfruit one better.

13Katrina
13-06-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks for your comments ladies. My feeling is the moonfruit one is better too. It was harder to build but also free, where as the other one is a month trial and then I'll have to pay.

Toothfairy - my spelling is awful, I need to copy and paste each bit into word and run the spell checker, moonfruit don't appear to have one and the vistaprint one is pretty basic.

My Mum gets back from holiday on Wednesday and she's a spelling and grammer genious, so will get her to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Thanks again ladies.

Katrina x

Jiorjiina
14-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Actually, I like the second one better. But mostly because I found the template easier to read. Otherwise, they're both really good.

13Katrina
15-06-2011, 12:12 AM
I like it for the colours and warmth - it feels friendly to me. I spent ages putting it together but can't justify the £17 a month they want to host it etc.

Moonfruit are doing the same deal for £7 a month. I need to choose a proper domain name though.

I did think of using the lady who runs this site but I want to be able to make any changes etc myself - I'm quite impatient and I wouldn't want to have to wait for something to be actioned. Plus, I'm quite fussy and like to play around with things and see it laid out in different ways - I'd drive her nuts with my requests for changes only to go back to how it was originally!

I think I will probably just go with dinkydudes&dvias but not 100% sure yet.

Eddisonsmum
15-06-2011, 02:28 AM
If you buy the domain through godaddy.com, mine was 2.99 then use weebly to build and host it, it is free!
I then use google analytics, again free, to tell me all the information I need about my visitors. There's no need to pay anything for your website apart from the domain name. There is no catch. I've looked for one, questioned it, and can't find it. My husband and I have both done our wen sites through this.
Oh and if you use google webmaster which isn't easy to figure out, that helps you become more searchable
X