PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Frances the Firefly

Rasharoon
12-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Hi
Does anybody have Frances the Firefly book which was a free publication done by the Office of the Prime Minister back in 2004. Am willing to pay for it (price within reason).
I did try to order it but had an email back stating that it is no longer in publication.
Many thanks.

Blaze
12-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Try your local firestation - that's were I get mine...if you have no luck, I'll pop down to mine during the week :thumbsup:

TammyN
12-06-2011, 10:29 AM
I know my firestation are still offering them out and i'm there on 20th June if you want i can post you one after then?

Rasharoon
12-06-2011, 05:58 PM
Thank you ladies.
I spoke to somebody I know in our local firestation but was told they haven't got any :-( Our local firestation is run by volunteers so not sure if that is why.
I can pay postage costs by paypal if that helps.
Really appreciate it.
Rachelle
x

Helen Dempster
12-06-2011, 09:55 PM
There's an online version of the book at www.strathclydefire.org/media that you could maybe print off?

oh...I just tried to access it and it denied it :( I did a Google search on Frances the Firefly and that website came up and the book's on there, honest!

flowerpots
13-06-2011, 05:31 AM
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_074037.pdf

Heres the printable version. maybe print and laminate it. could the older children maybe sequence it too then?

x

Rasharoon
13-06-2011, 06:43 PM
http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/documents/digitalasset/dg_074037.pdf

Heres the printable version. maybe print and laminate it. could the older children maybe sequence it too then?

x

Thank you. I did find this online but I have a very basic printer that wouldn't do double sided (to save on paper) and the colours in the book would use up a lot of ink.
I have put this link as a favourite for my last option but if one of the other lovely ladies can get their hands on a copy and post to me -this would be fab.
Really appreciate your help.
x

TammyN
15-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Yey, i found you one in my old planning from pre school, will get it in the post to you as soon as i have your address, I love it when i can help a fellow childminder, I know how frustrating it is to want a resource and not be able to find it.
Hope you have lots of fun
Tammy

Blaze
15-06-2011, 09:48 AM
Is one copy enough or would you like me to pop to the fire-station & get an extra one? x

Louise0208
15-06-2011, 11:47 AM
i printed this off the other day....it took nearly a whole colour ink :eek:

Rasharoon
15-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Yey, i found you one in my old planning from pre school, will get it in the post to you as soon as i have your address, I love it when i can help a fellow childminder, I know how frustrating it is to want a resource and not be able to find it.
Hope you have lots of fun
Tammy

Thank you lovely. I have pm'd you.
xxx

Rasharoon
15-06-2011, 08:04 PM
Is one copy enough or would you like me to pop to the fire-station & get an extra one? x

Thank you for all your help Blaze. Tammy has found a copy she is kindly sending to me so thank you so much for your kind offer of help. Really is appreciated. xx

Rasharoon
15-06-2011, 08:06 PM
i printed this off the other day....it took nearly a whole colour ink :eek:

That really was going to be my last resort and when I ran it by my other half - he certainly wasn't impressed. Fab story though and so colourful. Enjoy. x

Rasharoon
15-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Thank you to all you lovely ladies for your terrific help. It really has been appreciated.
xxxxxxxxxxx

TammyN
16-06-2011, 06:41 PM
Pack has been posted today :thumbsup:
I spoke to the fire station today as they rang to confirm, they don't have a ny copies of the booklet in either of the Halton Fire stations, she also said they are no longer available.
Hope this lasts you, guess it will be a special story :D
Tammy

Rasharoon
16-06-2011, 08:14 PM
Pack has been posted today :thumbsup:
I spoke to the fire station today as they rang to confirm, they don't have a ny copies of the booklet in either of the Halton Fire stations, she also said they are no longer available.
Hope this lasts you, guess it will be a special story :D
Tammy

Thank you so much Tammy. Your help in this has been terrific and will certainly now be a special story. :jump for joy: