PDA

View Full Version : Observations again....

Cassie
11-06-2011, 06:49 PM
When linking an observation this is what i do:

X told Y i don't want that toy! I want this...
I would link this to CLL 1- Language for Communication

Is this enough for ofsted or do we have to link it right down to a statement in the practise guidance book...

Have confidence to speak to others about their own wants and interests(40-60 Months)
A rubbish example i know but hopefully you get the idea...

sarah707
11-06-2011, 08:20 PM
From what is coming out of inspections at the moment Ofsted are asking for a copy of the Eyfs development matters document for each child... in which you note what the child has achieved with a date which relates back to observations.

So you would write the obs - I don't want that toy I want this

You would link it in the obs to CLL1 Language for communication on your obs paperwork

Then you would go to development matters that you are using for the child - probably the age below the child's current age, the child's current age and the age above...

And note with a date that on 10/06/11 the child had confidence to blah blah.

Now I am not saying this is how you must do it! Let's just get that clear for those who will say their inspector didn't expect this...

What I am saying is that this is the feedback I am getting from inspections at the moment... and this is something my inspector commented on that she felt worked really well so you could see at a glance the age and stage of each child in each area of L & D.

Hth :D