PDA

View Full Version : Childminding course - online or attent training?

mumto3
11-06-2011, 08:59 AM
Hi all, im trying to weigh up my options and wondered if u had experience and views on either:

Option 1- attend meetings, starts september, 12 weeks (13 inc half term) at my local college, cost £215, i havent been told when briefing session is yet and am not booked on this course yet

Option 2- online course, i have found a couple with different companies, its distant learning, u get a tutor that can speak to on phone or email for help, cost between£146-186 depending on who i use, course is 8 weeks but could finish sooner

I need help deciding, option 2 i could start minding sooner but may find the work hard, option 1 may be hassle with getting to course for 7-9.30pm but would have face to face help

What did u do and what was ur experience?

clio0602
11-06-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm doing CYPW with NEC online at mo and its taking 7days for a reply to an email although not tried phonin. I prefer face to face but online is more convenient if you have the motivation x

TinaH
11-06-2011, 09:33 PM
I did mine online because it would have been difficult for me to find childcare for my own children. I received a booklet to read through and 9 written assignments to do. I found that the assignments were not very difficult but they were extremely time consuming. I had a tutor available to me but never found the need to use the service. I didn't really keep track of how much time I spent in total but I would guess that it was over 50 hours. If I had to do it again I would go for the online course.:)

mumto3
12-06-2011, 08:00 AM
I did mine online because it would have been difficult for me to find childcare for my own children. I received a booklet to read through and 9 written assignments to do. I found that the assignments were not very difficult but they were extremely time consuming. I had a tutor available to me but never found the need to use the service. I didn't really keep track of how much time I spent in total but I would guess that it was over 50 hours. If I had to do it again I would go for the online course.:)

Who did u do it with?

mandynunn84
12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
hello! im about to start mine online my local authority have told me i have to do it with ncma an its £186, you have 8 weeks to complete it but can do it as soon as you want estimated hours for the course is 40... hope this helps chic xx

mumto3
13-06-2011, 01:18 PM
im looking at @homechildcare at the mo, they are a partner of nottigham city council but they replied to my email saying i can do it even tho im not in their area as its a cache certified course

i like the sound of it coz u set up software from them, input ur coursework and download any attachments for evidence if need be and the tutor can access it from her end and send messages to u and mark it this way too, apparently its a very quick response time