PDA

View Full Version : My new puppy is home

AliceK
10-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Hi

Just picked up my new puppy, a gorgeous Springer Spaniel. (DS has named him George) I can't believe how much I am in love with him already. He's following me around the house and keeps sleeping at my feet. He's met one of the cats but was a bit nervous and wouldn't go too close. OH has just gone to pick up DD from nursery, she's gonna love him and DS was so excited when he went to school this morning because he knew George would be here when he gets home. I can see I'm going to be wasting a lot of time over the next few days just cuddling him :clapping:

xxxx

justdaz
10-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Congratulations on bringing home 'George'.:clapping: You will not be 'wasting time' cuddling him, you will be making a very important bond with him.
Our 'puppy' is 2 in August and it is like having another baby to loveand cuddle, their love in return is so unconditional. My 'puppy' is a large, leggy black lab and is still so comforting to cuddle and tell all my woes to.#
Wishing you many happy funfillrd years with George.:)
Oh and BTW they do eventually become housetrained though those first few weeks can seem never ending.
Enjoy.:)

wendywu
10-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Picture please :D

AliceK
10-06-2011, 01:46 PM
Not sure if this has worked
xxxx

Jiorjiina
10-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Soooooooooooooo cuuuuuuuuute!

We used to have a springer called Henry. He was ace.

The first time he came to collect me from boarding school (accompanied by my mum), half the school showed up to have a cuddle!

They're great dogs, have fun!

miss mopple
10-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Awww! I darent show hubby- he is desperate for a springer puppy but I dont think we have the space :(

AliceK
10-06-2011, 02:12 PM
And another if it works :)

xxx

Jods
10-06-2011, 02:35 PM
Aw!! bless I have SS, and my oldest dog has had two litters x

I will not hijack your dog thread tho lol!! but will post piccies up on my own x

Gorgeous puppy x :jump for joy:

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2011, 03:06 PM
Awwwww bless

My cat had a litter of kittens 5 weeks ago, i currently have 2 of them crawling over me and my laptop as i type !

Jods
10-06-2011, 03:07 PM
oooooooooooooooh!!! kittens, must resist, I have to walk past pet shops, and avoid all free to good home ads :blush:

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2011, 03:18 PM
oooooooooooooooh!!! kittens, must resist, I have to walk past pet shops, and avoid all free to good home ads :blush:

2 still looking for homes :D

Jods
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM
:joker: stop it x

2 still looking for homes :D

Dragonfly
10-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Lovely, hope you dont have to many sleepless nights missing his mum!

LOOPYLISA
10-06-2011, 05:48 PM
:joker: stop it x

Sure :p :D

onceinabluemoon
10-06-2011, 06:55 PM
AW gorgeous!!

We have an almost two year old mental lab (yellow but with chocolate genes so a red nose!) who really 'needs' a playmate...

TheBTeam
10-06-2011, 08:16 PM
So need to see more springy pics, i have two a boy of 10 1/2 months and a girl of nearly 15 months.

Mine are liver and white and i just love them to bits!

Rain or Shine
10-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

I want one!

:rolleyes:

~Chelle~
10-06-2011, 08:25 PM
Awwwwww too cute.

My son George, thinks that it is cool that he is called George :laughing: :laughing:

flora
10-06-2011, 09:12 PM
he is beyoond cute !!!!!!!

he is lovely x x x x x xx

AliceK
11-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Well not a bad night considering. He cried for about 20 mins when I went to bed, then I heard him again about 3am but not as loud and then at 5.15am I got up. Amazingly he had not wee'd or poo'd in the night. I let him out and he had a huge long wee. Then gave him a bit of breakfast and then me and him went to sleep on the sofa until 7am when my DS got up and woke us up. He is so cuddly he just loves to snuggle up and go to sleep. Oh I am sooooo in love with him :)

xxx

wendywu
11-06-2011, 04:15 PM
He is just so lovely and a cuddly boy as well.:)

Dragonfly
11-06-2011, 07:24 PM
Not a bad first night then. How old is he AliceK? mine (puppy) is 9weeks today and I have had him one week :thumbsup:

AliceK
12-06-2011, 03:24 PM
Not a bad first night then. How old is he AliceK? mine (puppy) is 9weeks today and I have had him one week :thumbsup:

Mine is the same. He was 9 weeks yesterday (Sat) :)
Same sort of thing last night and I was up again at 5am this morning to let him out and then we both fell asleep on the sofa having a lovely cuddle :D

So far only a few accidents in the house if I miss the signs but he's a bright boy I think.
What sort of puppy is yours?

xxxx

Dragonfly
12-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Mine is a lurcher and is so fluffy and cuddly.But is into everything :eek: Not too many accidents, does go to the door but if closed and nobody sees would probably do it on the floor.Had hardly any accidents over night brillant :thumbsup:
Great, their the same age:)

AliceK
13-06-2011, 08:34 AM
Mine is a lurcher and is so fluffy and cuddly.But is into everything :eek: Not too many accidents, does go to the door but if closed and nobody sees would probably do it on the floor.Had hardly any accidents over night brillant :thumbsup:
Great, their the same age:)

My old dog was a lurcher x Lab. He was the best dog ever, a giant, but so good natured.

xxxx

Jiorjiina
14-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Did that make him a Lurchador or a Labracher?

Sounds like a nice mix though. It always seems like the bigger the dog, the gentler their nature.

AliceK
15-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Did that make him a Lurchador or a Labracher?

Sounds like a nice mix though. It always seems like the bigger the dog, the gentler their nature.

He was a real giant, like a little horse but he was the most gentle laid back lad. I'm hoping new puppy will be as good natured and well behaved.

xxxx