PDA

View Full Version : deposit of mt up front

bryzach
30-04-2008, 06:27 PM
hi all when i start to get children in what should i do ask them for a week or mt up front or ask for a deposit.:(

cloud9
30-04-2008, 06:57 PM
hi all when i start to get children in what should i do ask them for a week or mt up front or ask for a deposit.:(

I take a retainer of half fees until the child starts if the parent doesn't want the place immediately and then depending on whether you want to be paid monthly or weekly you would ask for this to be paid on there 1st day in advance.

Remember with fee's start as you mean to go on!:thumbsup:

bryzach
30-04-2008, 07:03 PM
thank you for that .:)

brillminder
06-05-2008, 04:51 PM
to book a space i have chaged a full weeks 40 mhour be for now to hold a space for before & after school & holidays , then i have chargded retainers for babie, but some cah to hold a space and if they back out at least you have funds....had a baby back out day before due to start i was not impresed so been more firm since :)

miffy
06-05-2008, 05:08 PM
I'm paid weekly in advance now (used to be monthly in arrears but I learnt the hard way).

Although I don't charge a deposit atm it's not unusual to charge a month's fees as a deposit then if there is a sudden breakdown in the arrangement you have a month's money already

The advice start as you mean to go on is good :thumbsup:

miffy xx

breezy
06-05-2008, 06:27 PM
I take weekly in advance, that way they never owe too much if they're late paying!
Also after 1 week without payment I threaten to withdraw my services!!!!!!!!

katickles
06-05-2008, 07:18 PM
Yep - me to. 1 week in advance :)

angeldelight
07-05-2008, 09:13 AM
I do the same as Miffy - in advance

Good luck

Angel xx