PDA

View Full Version : Pre reg visit

sleepingbeauty
09-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Had the call from Prospects this morning, the Inspector wanted to come round tomorrow!! :panic: as she had a cancellation but we have organised it for the 20 June 11 instead.

She sounded a bit strict to be honest but gave me a list of things she will be checking againts here goes............

1. The EYFS 6 areas and suitable activities
2. Learning and Development
3. Obs, planning and meeting needs of individual children
3. Suitable People, Organisation etc
4. My Policies, RAs - She sounded hot on safeguarding and Notifications to OFSTED
5. Partnership with parents
6 Behaviour
Records
7. Accidents and Injuries etc etc

Managed to scribble notes as she spoke and although I already have all this information I think I will freeze as soon as she enters my house:panic:

Think I need to start "revising" and preparing for the interview, oh that reminds me she mentioned the pre-reg book but also said that her questions will be different - made me panic more.

Should have agreed to tomorrow atleast it will have nearly been over with as now I have over a week to stress!

miffy
09-06-2011, 02:49 PM
You will be fine - honest!

You know what she's going to be looking at so start putting all your stuff together for either in one file or however you're choosing to organise your paperwork - that way if you do feel yourself clamming up you can just refer to your file.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on.

Miffy xx

Little Laurels
09-06-2011, 03:18 PM
I had mine today. The inspector pretty much gave me the same list but when it came to it, I didn't even have to refer to the pre-reg booklet. It was quite an informal chat, with lots of gaps where she filled in her inspection questionnaire on her laptop.

She looked around the house and made a few notes, but the only changes were ones I had already identified in my risk assessments.

She looked at my policies and made a small suggestion for my complaints policy (which was to add Ofsted contact details), other than that it was fine.

It didn't feel like an inspection, it felt like she was there to help ... :jump for joy:

Hope yours will be the same! I was a mess leading up to my inspection (not helped when she had to cancel the first appointment an hour before she was due) but really I needn't have worried so much!!

Let us know how you get on!!

Lorraine x

danielly124
09-06-2011, 03:36 PM
hey, i had my inspection today and it went really well.like the others say it was an informal chat asked me lots of questions but she was lovely.dont worry to much they are their to help it isnt as bad as some think

good luck with your inspection

daniella xx:)

sleepingbeauty
10-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Hi Ladies,

Thanks for the reassurance. I feel alot better today having gone through the list of things. I already have these in place and ready. Just getting confused with the EYFS!! I'm getting confused on the learning and development and 13 assesments (how do we use, which do we use?). I think I sound right thick but the more I look at it the more confusing it gets.