PDA

View Full Version : Has any one had a implant(implanton) removed from their arm?

Leanne59
09-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Hi,

I am going to family planning tonight to get my implant (implanton) removed from my arm, im so scared! I am watching the clock already!
Has anyone had their's removed and what was your experience? Did they get it out quickly?

Many thanks!

skytvaddict
09-06-2011, 03:26 PM
Mine came out very quickly and didn't really hurt. You can just see where it was. It was a few years back now though. I can't remember if they numb it, good luck x

Mouse
09-06-2011, 04:45 PM
I had a contraceptive implant years ago that was 6 or 7 little rods inserted into your arm. When I had them taken out, they had to do them one at a time, but I can honestly say, I didn't feel a thing. MIne were the first ones the doctor had ever taken out & hadn't actually had the training for it, but it was really easy.

Leanne59
09-06-2011, 05:08 PM
I had a contraceptive implant years ago that was 6 or 7 little rods inserted into your arm. When I had them taken out, they had to do them one at a time, but I can honestly say, I didn't feel a thing. MIne were the first ones the doctor had ever taken out & hadn't actually had the training for it, but it was really easy.

Omg 6/7 rod! I wouldnt of got all the put in!

Leanne59
09-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Thanks for your replys! I'm sure ill be fine! i think:blush:
just got to wait til seven now!
thanks ladies!!

becky333
09-06-2011, 05:13 PM
I had one out and another one put back in afew months ago, im sorry to say but i hated it! took ages, she couldnt get it out very easily at all... :( Hope yours comes out easier than mine!

Playmate
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I had one taken out and another put in last year it was absolutely fine :D

phoebe-alice
09-06-2011, 05:50 PM
I get mine taken out and a new one put in in October and I must say I'm not looking forward to it one bit. :panic:
Easy enough to get in but I've heard all the horror stories about scared tissue making it harder to get out.... ouch.
Have to let us know how it went. Hope all goes well and you can say it was pain free to put my mind at ease hehe.

Mouse
09-06-2011, 07:53 PM
Omg 6/7 rod! I wouldnt of got all the put in!

That was when they first came out, so it's obviously got better since then. I could feel them under my skin like a little fan!

Hope you've got on OK!

Leanne59
09-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Im back!!
it was fine! it can out very easy! thank god for that!

Thanks ladies for your replys to my thread!

singingcactus
09-06-2011, 08:34 PM

Me too, my docs first too lol. Took her a long time, and I needed 3 locals, but it was stress free. Didn't actually hurt cos as soon as the local began to wear off she put in the next.