PDA

View Full Version : Which Mag?

Cassie
09-06-2011, 08:50 AM
I am thinking of subscribing but not sure which one Creative Steps or Scholastic(nursery education) any recommendations would be helpful...

littleraspberry
09-06-2011, 09:50 AM
I don't know Creative Steps very well, but find Nursery Ed a bit too formal for me. Lots of the activities are for larger groups of children and are aimed more at, well, nurseries!
I like ChildCare magazine much better.

miss mopple
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Nursery ed has just stopped doing it as a mag, its online only now :(

I do love it though :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
09-06-2011, 10:46 AM
I have Nursery Ed. Loved the posters etc. but had found it was getting more and more full of adverts and not really an awful lot of stuff any good for us!!! :( Trouble with it now being on line is I will have to print stuff out and it will cost me a fortune in ink :eek:

JulieA
09-06-2011, 11:18 AM
I like Creative Steps for craft ideas, and subscribe. I am lucky enough to get a copy of Child Care through the local link childminder scheme - it is EYFS linked, has lots of practical ideas, plus suggestions for personal development, and is more aimed at childminders than pre-schools or nurseries.

miffy
09-06-2011, 03:01 PM
I like Creative Steps too - they have some good ideas.

Miffy xx

sarah707
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Creative Steps is free online if you are a Morton Michel insurance holder.

I like Child Care magazine it's written for childminders.

I also like reading Essential Childminder Magazine - it's online and very good.

I get Nursery World because it keeps me up-to-date with the wider world of childcare too :D

PixiePetal
09-06-2011, 05:45 PM
I have subscribed to creative steps for a while and now stopped as I have changed to MM and get it online with that.

I love nursery Ed :thumbsup: have had the mag but will carry on online as I get lots of ideas.

Kate M
11-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Hello,
Is creative steps the morton michel online mag? I find that one is really good, but I prefer to see it in black and white. I wish you could subscribe.
When I log in to Morton Michel I can never be bothered to check my policy number its a 6 digit number beginning with 9. I make it up and it always lets me on! lol lol :clapping: