PDA

View Full Version : minding my nephew and another child - registration?

M&AsMummy
08-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Hi there

My sister in law has asked me to mind my nephew for her for 3 days when she returns to work after her mat leave. I'm hoping this will tie in nicely with me being registered. Now I understand you can't register just to look after family extended family what not, but i've had enquiries already for the other 2 days, now I know they may not work out but my question is.....i'll get there eventually! :) is.........I obviously need to register to look after a mindee the 2 days I have free but 3 days a week I will be full (under 5's anyway) as I have my own 2 daughters ( 2 & 1) then my nephew (9mnths). Would my sister in law then be able to use childcare vouchers to pay me and when I have my registration visit/ inspection would they have to make sure they came on a day when I had the other mindee that isn't my nephew?

Also how would they inspect me if they came on a day I only had my own children with me, do you just carry on as if you are childminding? I'm sure they would probably have to come back another day would they?

Many thanks for any advice.....I hope i've got the point of my question across ok in the end........my mind is boggled at the moment with everything i'm thinking about with regards to registering it all seems like so much to sort out/think about, I must admit its much harder work than I thought it would be to set up.

karen m
09-06-2011, 08:50 AM
I originally became a minder to look after my grandson although i knew i had to look after other children to register,never had any problems with registration before my daughter finished maternity leave i had 2 other children on my books at the moment i just look after my grandson, this is the first time in over 5 years i have only looked after him,good luck with everything