PDA

View Full Version : can someone please explain.....

Helcatt
08-06-2011, 07:20 PM
in terms that I can understand what all this level 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 means

In other words, 'A' level, degree etc cos I just don't get it!

HX

Jods
08-06-2011, 07:41 PM
okies - I will try as I feel like being a sacrificial lamb tonight (could be an ego thing lol!)x

Level 2 GCSE
Level 3 A/S level
Level 4 A level
Level 5 pre-degree diploma lol!!

If you complete up to 5 then you are able to do a teaching degree x

make sense x

onceinabluemoon
08-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Sam is almost right

You can check it out here http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/EducationAndLearning/QualificationsExplained/DG_10039017 I had to look it up to find out what level some of my courses were to put on an application form

Scroll down past first lot of you are looking up degrees etc.

Hope that's helpful x

Pipsqueak
08-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Level 6 - BA Hons /Degree level... means you are extremely do-lally to even want to go down this route while you are working full time and running a household with small children:D

Levels 4/5 foundation degree levels

Helcatt
08-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Ok, so if I read that right, the DHC that I have just done (level 3) is like an 'A' level?

Can points awarded on a level 4 be counted towards a degree - if they are relevant to the course?

bu$$ered if I can figure it out.

I'm doing a level 4 but its only 2 days so I'm trying to work out if this is a module towards a full qualification - can't believe it would all be done in 2 days and 2 assignments......

HX

Pipsqueak
08-06-2011, 09:14 PM
as far as I am aware (there was a lass on our FD) - she done her NVQ 4 in childcare and she joined up on the second year (level 5) of foundation degree.

not sure if credits are transferrable from a course outside the sector.

Helcatt
09-06-2011, 02:19 PM
that sort of makes sense - thanks pipsqueak

Hx