PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else done the ICP course from home?

Beachbum
30-04-2008, 02:59 PM
Just musing really, as I am in the middle of it and have paid to do it myself but Ofsted have just told me that I still have to do the council run ICP course too... can anyone tell me any different?

B

Blaze
30-04-2008, 03:25 PM
I did the ICP course from home & made such a fuss that in the end they agreed that it ws fine!:rolleyes: ...I also got it payed for by grant in the end again after becomong a pain in the :censored: to them!:D ;)

Spangles
30-04-2008, 03:32 PM
I did my ICP from home and got full funding.

With my husband's job I'm not able to commit to attending college so had no choice but to do it from home.

sarah707
30-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I really don't understand this one - an ICP course is, surely an ICP course regardless of where or how you take it...

I would get it double checked... maybe send them a letter asking for clarification?

Blaze
30-04-2008, 05:31 PM
Some counties have a problem with home-based as they are more expensive then the courses they put on!:rolleyes:

Beachbum
30-04-2008, 07:42 PM
I really have no idea, she said that the main part of the ICP was to get a childminding buddy in my area, but like I told her, I've already been allocated one, she was slightly speechless at that. I think maybe she was confused. If all else fails I will ask the NEC to write something to them saying that their course is the same qualification. She was saying that the course I am doing is just the optional test at the end to get the qualification and isn't the actual course that the council run.

Thing is I don't mind paying for the course myself, when I took it on I had spoken to my husband and we had decided that in order to get going we were willing to pay out for it, it was only when the EY co-ordinator came round she said I could claim some of it back in the grant.

I just hope I can get some clarification soon, I've emailed the EY co-ordinator but she is out of the office until Tues and we actually go on holiday to Turkey Sunday so I won't know a responce until after then.

Thanks for your replies ladies x