PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted coming Thursday for Pre Reg visit.

Moira Mc
07-06-2011, 08:55 PM
Hello everyone

Ofsted rung me at 7:30 tonight to say that they were coming first thing Thursday morning, so basically I have Wednesday to clean the whole house and get my paper work ready (and look after my baby and 4 year old) Eeesh!

She asked if I had my policies and procedures ready and I said that have seen examples of about 50 of them so could I just pick and choose the ones pertaining to my business.
She said NO, there are some legal requirements and the others are personal choice.

I can't find the list for the legal requirements - does anyone know what they are?

I looked at Angel’s list and I can’t imagine they want all of them, or do they?

Kind Regards

Moira

Moira Mc
08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
About 10 mins after posting I found the legal requirements for Policies in the EYFS Framework.

I was only missing one so that's good. Now I can get on with the cleaning.:)

miffy
08-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Glad you're sorted - good luck for tomorrow

Let us know how you get on

Miffy xx

nikkiross1
08-06-2011, 02:07 PM
good luck for tomorrow - may i just ask along with your policies and proceudres and obviously your clean house! what else do you need to have prepared for your pre-reg visit - someone's mentioned to me risk assessments is this right and do you know the EYFS really well? sorry for asking im just sending my application form off and want to be clear on what i need to have ready
thanks xx

Moira Mc
08-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Ofsted did ask me if I had my Risk assessment ready, I think she meant the main one for the house, I have done it and made a few ammendments to the house which I have dated but I also have a shopping list of things to buy. I think that's all they want for now.

Send your forms off straight away because it takes about 12 weeks for the process to be completed. there will be pleny of time for studying while you wait. I will post an update about the visit after she has gone.

thanks

Mo x

Fairy Tanya
08-06-2011, 03:35 PM
which page was the legal requirements in the EYFS, as will have to get on with mine, as I tink they should be here at mine in about 5 weeks, and i can't remember a thing.
Good Luck with your first check.
Tanya Fae
:thumbsup:

Moira Mc
08-06-2011, 03:43 PM
Hi there,

Let me have the visit tomorrow and find out if I am tottaly correct regarding the poilicies and then I will post the list. I might not have it all, let see what Mrs. O says tomorrow.

Mo x

Fairy Tanya
09-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Marvolous.

good luck with it today.
xx

Moira Mc
10-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Mrs.O was lovely so that was a good start. She was really pleased with the paperwork that I had prepared and I wasn't missing anything.

She asked if I had a first Aid box & 2 Smoke Alarms which I did.

She asked me to give her an example of each of the 6 areas of learning & Development.

Then she asked if I was aware the following and I showed her my policies:

Equal Opportunitys
Safeguarding/child protection
Complaints & Details for contacting Ofsted
Parents failing to collect on time
Behaviour Managment
Sick child policy
Emergency Medical Permission form
Confidentiality
Outings

She also asked about risk assesments and how I was going to manange those.

All the other policies and procedures floating about should only be used if they are relevant to your business, they are not Legal requirements. I added the Trampoline policy and permission slip but got rid of the rest.

She also mentioned the Learning Journal and said that I should link the 6 LD's to the photos and storys.

I still have to work out how I am going to record everything but that should come after I have done the course in Sept.

I hope this helps.

Mo x

Kate M
11-06-2011, 08:39 AM
Good luck!!! its so nerve wracking!!
You will be fine, the thought of them is worse. When they come I have always found them to be really nice!

I was due in April 2011 and when I rang Prospects to see when they thought they would come, they said anytime from now till July 2012!!! GULP!
xx