PDA

View Full Version : Well they've been....

Beachbum
30-04-2008, 02:46 PM
And it all went really well :) I'm registered for 2 under 5 plus my son and I had no actions at all :D

The only thing I'm a bit upset at is that since our local council wasn't running anymore ICP courses I spoke to the training team and asked if I could do it via the National Extension College which they said I could, so I paid £200 to do it, but the inspector has just told me that they course and exam I am doing is optional and I'll still have to attend the course (and then do the optional exam at the end) once they are running some more of them. I'm so annoyed that I've tipped £200 down the drain and at our early years training team for giving me false information :angry:

Other than that it was good though..

B x

katickles
30-04-2008, 02:52 PM
Well done - thats great news.

Have you already done the course? Just thinking maybe you'll be able to cancel & get your money back? Fingers crossed :)

Beachbum
30-04-2008, 02:56 PM
No I've done all the assignments and I'm sitting the exam on the 10th June. I can't believe it, she's going to double check but as far as she is aware I still have to do the course again. She said she's never heard of anyone doing the course independantly before.

sarah707
30-04-2008, 03:00 PM
You have a good case for telling your local people they should be paying for the course if you have something in writing showing they advised you to take that route...

Well done on the pre-reg! Hope everything else goes well! :D

Beachbum
30-04-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't have anything in writing, only telephone calls to the training unit and from showing the course manual to the early years support worker when she came round for a pre reg meeting. She did say I may be able to claim some back on my grant so that might be possible. I thought I'd saved myself time and managed to get ahead which has annoyed me a bit as I'm now no further forward.

angeldelight
30-04-2008, 03:12 PM
That is a shame and a lot of money !

Well done on your pre - reg anyway

Angel xx

Blaze
30-04-2008, 03:18 PM
I did the ICP independently through a home study company & got the money back via a grant after I had finished the registration process.

Beachbum
30-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Thats interesting to know Blaze, did you then still have to attend the ICP course the council run?

jessie1
30-04-2008, 03:48 PM
hi Beachbum

i was also told that i could do it through the National Extension College and that was telephonically and they afterwards sent me a different form to one originally received to enable to claim back only £110 of £200. After I paid deposit for course and received coursework I was lucky enough to get a place on local ICP Course

Spangles
30-04-2008, 03:59 PM
I just did the ICP, fully funded, through the NEC and that was fine. I'm not able to attend college courses as my husband's away for months at a time sometimes.

Beachbum
30-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Thanks all, thats reassuring, I'm so surprised that the inspector has never heard of anyone doing it through NEC before.