PDA

View Full Version : at a standstill

nikkiross1
07-06-2011, 03:26 PM
hi there,

so...i've dont my homebased childcare course, and first aid course and finished them in december!

i have spent the time since then making the garden safe and house etc.

i have completed my 9 tasks

and i am itching to get the ball rolling and become a qualified childminder!
i havent sent off my application forms yet as i don't feel i know the EYFS enough.

has any one had their first ofsted visit and can tell me how much of the EYFS do you need to know for this first visit. Do i need to know it literlaly inside out?

i have a 13 month old so i can only really "revise" it at nightime!

any adivce would be greatly appreciated :-) xx

sarah707
07-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Don't put off applying... first aid and the introduction to childminding course only last a short while... you don't want to have to do them again!!

Get the application in and learn as you go.

Don't forget to let us know how you are getting on :D

nikkiross1
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
oh really???

i knew the first aid course lasted 3 years, i didn't realise the homebased childcare course was only lasted a short time either!! eeeek

ok - do I just don't feel prepared!! am I meant to have risk assessments in place too before ofsted come??

xx

sarah707
08-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Before Ofsted come you need to be getting prepared... thinking about the things you will have in place ready for when you are working.

You also need to have read your pre-registration booklet and have some ideas about how you will implement the Eyfs for different ages of children.

Good luck with it all :D

miffy
08-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Put your application forms in - there's lots of info about eyfs on here or if you're not sure you can always ask but it's not worth delaying your application for.

Good luck

Miffy xx