PDA

View Full Version : 5 ft 2, and 10.13 stone

auntym
06-06-2011, 06:10 PM
1more lb and i hit the 11 mark, i really need a kick up the **** so im hoping that by logging my progress on here i may keep up the work from today :rolleyes:

charleyfarley
06-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Well done on posting this, that is the first start. :thumbsup:

I'm 5' 1'' and heavier than you, can't say how much as I am truely ashamed :blush: and that is why I am going back to WW tomorrow to start again and hopefully nothing will stand in my way this time :clapping:

So which healthy eating plan are you following? Or are you cutting out the rubbish and doing more exercise?

We can all help each other :thumbsup:

Carol xx

auntym
06-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Well i cant follow WW or slimmers world etc - i dont finish till gone 6 so find it hard to get to clubs, years ago i did rosemary connolly and lost 2st, so im going to follow the same diet, less than 5grams of fat per food, and do my 100 crunches per night and go jogging 3 times a wk, i ran alot last year and since i stopped running in August when i reached 9.5st i have piled it on.
So today is the last day of eating pretty much what i want, i go to see my dad in august and am determined to go lighter lol x

sarah707
06-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Good for you! :clapping:

If you need any tips there are lots of members who will be able to help :D

JulieA
06-06-2011, 06:56 PM
OK auntym. I am the same height as you and currently just under 13 stone. This is the heaviest i have ever been (other than pregnant), but as my 'baby' is 5 in a couple of months I don't think I can continue to blame him!

I don't lack will power, but I do lack organisation which means that I then grab all the wrong things to eat, or get takeaway. As hubby works away a lot I am not able to go out running or to classes on a regular basis.

Soooo, I will if you will..!

auntym
06-06-2011, 06:58 PM
aww thanks ladies for replying - can anyone recommend what they do to pang hunger curbs lol eg cravings for chocolate or is there anything you buy that u can snack on.
Meals is the worst as all i can think to make is chicken n rice lol, i know ur not suppose to eat bread and potato together or bread and pasta? so has anyone any recipes or rally tasty food they can recommend that isnt high in fat

auntym
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
JULIE I DO!!!!! lol Today when i go to bed i wake up tomorrow on a mission!!!! ur on hon xx

Chatterbox Childcare
06-06-2011, 07:13 PM
Good luck to you both

PixiePetal
06-06-2011, 07:25 PM
i have joined WW online - you can get the points of food and track weight loss on a graph etc.

i love it - fell off the wagon but got back on today :thumbsup: feeling more in control already. :)

Jods
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
ooooh! I am new but can I play too ?

erm............... 5'5" and 13.12 was 14.6 doing SW online x :jump for joy:

auntym
06-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Wow well done hon, thats fab!!! youve started ahead of us ;) i will do my proper wiegh in in the morning and that way iv my full official weight lol, we can help eachother :laughing:

Mrs Book
06-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Another person who is 5ft 1 and wishing is was lighter than she is :laughing:

I got to the stage last year of deciding to do something about it. After a lot of stress with hubby being out of work, me trying to get the childminding off the ground, the weight went on.

So friend and I started WW and I was ashamed when I weighed in to see what my weight was. The heaviest I'd ever been. Also a bad chest infection which I thought at one point was a heart attack made me do something.

Lost 1 1/2 stone and then they changed the WW programme and couldn't get into the new one and I was up and down with weight. Started Slimming World about 5 wks ago and yes still have the 1/2 stone to go after a blib but determined to get my 2stone by the date I started WW last year.

There are some Slimming World & WW help sites on FB which may give you some food ideas.

Good luck with your weight loss.

The Juggler
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Well i cant follow WW or slimmers world etc - i dont finish till gone 6 so find it hard to get to clubs, years ago i did rosemary connolly and lost 2st, so im going to follow the same diet, less than 5grams of fat per food, and do my 100 crunches per night and go jogging 3 times a wk, i ran alot last year and since i stopped running in August when i reached 9.5st i have piled it on.
So today is the last day of eating pretty much what i want, i go to see my dad in august and am determined to go lighter lol x

you can do it. I'm 5 2 also. Last year when I finished studying I was 9 stone 7. I lost a stone and half.

Don't know your age hon but I know for me all my usual cutting out that I'd used since my 20's to lose a bit just didn't work once I was past 40. I had to slash the carbs this time. Took me a few months and I've kept it off for 6 months now and exercise 2 or 3 times a week (zumba). It's Not just obviuos carbs but the hidden ones too, and I cut down on dairy and sugar but not totally - but I eat loads- every day. I sort of live with the plan sort of 60:40 now as a way of life and it suits me.

Good luck :thumbsup:

auntym
06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
you can do it. I'm 5 2 also. Last year when I finished studying I was 9 stone 7. I lost a stone and half.

Don't know your age hon but I know for me all my usual cutting out that I'd used since my 20's to lose a bit just didn't work once I was past 40. I had to slash the carbs this time. Took me a few months and I've kept it off for 6 months now and exercise 2 or 3 times a week (zumba). It's Not just obviuos carbs but the hidden ones too, and I cut down on dairy and sugar but not totally - but I eat loads- every day. I sort of live with the plan sort of 60:40 now as a way of life and it suits me.

Good luck :thumbsup:

im 40 :D BUT A VERY YOUNG ONE haha x

JulieA
07-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I'm 44 and never really struggled with my weight until the last 5 years. Juggler, it was interesting what you said about carbs, as I think I have decided this is the approach I will take.

AuntyM - I have just gotten on scales and they say 12 st 8 lbs. I have even written it in a little book so I can keep track.

mama2three
07-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Im 5'1 and a bit! !! the bit is very important when youre a tiny!!

Ive been folllowing ww for the last 4 weeks - weigh in tomorrow:rolleyes:

Ive cut right down on carbs , and replaced all my snacks with healthy ones - Im not one for big meals , more of a grazer so its important that I have lots of healthy stuff handy!
Favourites when I want a sweet fix are mini meringues - 0 ww points and VERY sweet , you know youve had it iyswim! Also frozen blueberries and raspberries , lots of fruit and prepared veg ( love raw sprouts and carrots).
Watch out for 'pretend' diet foods - Ryvita fruit crunch have as many ww points as a thick slice of white bread and special K is one of the 'worst' cereals!
Ive lost 8lbs so far - and believe me , if I can do it anyone can!

And if you can get to a zumba class give it a go - I was so unfit and and exercise-phobe but I love it! Really fun , and a major workout almost without realising it!

Good Luck x x

ajs
07-06-2011, 06:27 AM
Well done Kath that's fab. Good luck everyone who is trying to lost weight. I am doing sw and have lost 19 lb and give from an 16/18 to a very comfortable 12/14 since Jan

mama2three
07-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Well done Kath that's fab. Good luck everyone who is trying to lost weight. I am doing sw and have lost 19 lb and give from an 16/18 to a very comfortable 12/14 since Jan

thanks Mandy - was inspired by how slim you all were that day at Rufford - and was sick of having a wardrobe full of too tight clothes! Cant believe you were ever a 16-18 though , you certainly didnt look it.

auntym
07-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Wow thats an amazing achievement well done you! Well I weighed myself this morning and I weighed in at 11 stone 1 pound so I'm heavier than other day so my first official weigh in is 11.1 :idea:

Louise317
07-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Can I join too :)

I'm 5 1 & 1/2 (yes the half VERY important lol) I'm now 11.7 and size 14

I was 13.2 a year ago (size 16/18) and doing SW I lost two stone.
I still do SW world, just don't pay to go can't afford to (my close friend is my consultant but she based in London and i'm outer London so she advises).

I want to get into a size 12 for September so I can wear a nice dress for my 10 wedding anniversary

I know what to do but I'm lacking the will power at the minute and then get upset/annoyed because I haven't tried today!!

I cook 'good' meals its the bits in between for me :blush:

We all with you auntym :group hug:

auntym
07-06-2011, 05:56 PM
Hows this sound for day one. Beans and piece bread for lunch. Light phiili dip and home made chicken n veg soup one slice dry bread . I'm not hungry either YET

charleyfarley
07-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Right I've decided to take the plunge and actually put my weight on here as others have and I think it may help me lose weight :thumbsup:

I went back to WW this morning and got on the scales, I was 12 stone 9 :blush: it wasn't a shock as I do weigh myself weekly. I do think though I have 2 stone in my boobs which I would love to be smaller :thumbsup:

I'm quite liking the new pro points for WW but obviously it is my first day.

Well done to everyone that has lost weight already, you're an inspiration :clapping:

Carol xx

The Juggler
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
I'm 44 and never really struggled with my weight until the last 5 years. Juggler, it was interesting what you said about carbs, as I think I have decided this is the approach I will take.

AuntyM - I have just gotten on scales and they say 12 st 8 lbs. I have even written it in a little book so I can keep track.

check out gymjunkies online. the exercise plan is a bit seriuos and OTT but like the guy says it's 80% nutrition and 20% his exercises. I did them for a bit (the ones I coudl manage) then just did zumba instead. WHat I do like is he poo-poos the idea of 40 minute runs etc and instead says 15 mins of hard slog exercise and pushing yourself is better.

Anyway in theory you could lose weight without doing any exercise on this plan- the exercise just boosts weightloss.

If you like the look, PM me and I'll e-mail the nutrition plan :thumbsup: It's so easy to follow and I didn't follow it that strictly (still had wine, chocs at weekend etc)

auntym
08-06-2011, 07:21 AM
Will check that one out myself later x

charleyfarley
14-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Well I've been for my weigh in this morning at WW and lost

3lb

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That was after going to see Take That, not exactly the most healthiest of food being sold there but I did get a WW sandwich from Asda over the road :thumbsup: and we also ate out on Sunday too where I was also quite good :clapping:

How is everyone else doing?

Carol xx

auntym
25-06-2011, 07:36 AM
Iv gone from 11.1 to 10.7 so am well chuffed but want to lose another stone before 20 august. Any tips? But I was bad last night take away and vodka ;-).

The Juggler
25-06-2011, 07:49 AM
Iv gone from 11.1 to 10.7 so am well chuffed but want to lose another stone before 20 august. Any tips? But I was bad last night take away and vodka ;-).

:clapping: :clapping: wow that's brilliant. you need to let yourself go on a friday night. there are good options even with takeaway hon so don't worry.

My tip, keep the carbs and dairy low and fill up on lots of fruit and veggies :)

auntym
25-06-2011, 09:53 AM
Can you tell me what good options on takeaways there are as then I can enjoy my weekend treat and also not worry it will result in a gain lol

The Juggler
26-06-2011, 08:58 PM
haha, sorry hon, bit late with my reply but let's say.

kebab shop - jsut have chicken/meat kebab (not doner) with salad
from the indian, have tandoori kebabs, plain rice or nan and some veg
chinese a stirfry with a non-sweet sauce i.e. ginger and spring onion
chip shop - sorry no cheat options there :laughing: :laughing:

shazsull
27-06-2011, 09:49 AM
5 2 & THE HEAVIEST EVER EVER!!!did race for life yesterday & the piccies are soo not flattering !!did great on ww 1 st time put it on & more due to family deaths ,really really need to get back on the horse feel embarrassed going back im a few pounds short of 12 stone which dosnt sound huge but at my height isnt great !!in the words of eric cartman im not fat im festively plump!!!!ggrrrrrr

JulieA
27-06-2011, 01:12 PM

WOW! Good result auntym. I have to say I have been so stressed recently, I haven't made any progress with this. My NVQ level 3 keeps biting me on the bum! The file is disappearing tomorrow for assessing, so hopefully that'll be the last I see of it an life can get back to normal!!!

auntym
10-08-2011, 12:24 PM
Sorry its old ladies but wanted to update you. 9.13 at todays weigh in :-)

Mamma4Ya
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM

You can do them both on line now, not the same as going to class though.

mama2three
10-08-2011, 01:15 PM
Congratulations on losing a stone :clapping:

stardust
11-08-2011, 05:57 PM
1more lb and i hit the 11 mark, i really need a kick up the **** so im hoping that by logging my progress on here i may keep up the work from today :rolleyes:

I cant believe you feel your 'too big' at almost 11 stone. I am 5''4 and 13 stone i'm a size 16 but i don't feel 'too big' Isn't it funny how people have different opinions on what is 'too big'

mama2three
12-08-2011, 05:29 AM
but Tara we all 'weigh' differently but its how we feel / carry the weight etc that counts. Ive lost 22 lbs now and feel like 'me' again - and tbh would like to lose more. Im the same size / build as my friend yet she weighs 3 stone more than I do! Maybe that old ' heavy bones' thing isnt such a myth. Im just over 5' and every pound really shows!

Milli147
12-08-2011, 06:42 AM
Just read this fab thread with great interest, as I have been doing WW for 6 weeks. WW Pro Points worked like a charm for me. I lost 1 stone 5 lb. I stuck rigidly to the points and started running 4 to 6 miles 3x a week.

It is very true about people carrying their weight differently. I am 5'11 and have gone from 11.4 to 9.13, I am still a size 12 which is fine, but what is not fine is that no-one's noticed!!! I guess it's being so tall, but hey, at least my clothes fit again!

Now I just have to keep it off...

To anyone wondering about the WW online plan, I say go for it - it's so simple and you don't feel at all deprived.