PDA

View Full Version : Car insurance - your normal insurers or mm/ncma

mumto3
06-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Hi,

I have a question

Who do u use for ur car insurance? do u have business class 1 on ur normal car insurance or do u have the insurance with mm or nmca?

ive been talking with a childminder and shes unsure whether the business class is enough to cover if an accident happened but then mm/ncma charge a really high rate so i thought i would pick ur brains :p

The Juggler
06-06-2011, 05:03 PM
i just have business use on my normal car insurance. didn't cost me any extra. I'm with Sheila's Wheels.:thumbsup:

rickysmiths
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Bluefin (NCMA recommeded) I have tried to get NCMA to stop recommending only one brooker but although they have greatly reduced their advertising in Who Minds they haven't broken the link :panic:

Bluefin used to try to frighten you that no other car insurance covered you properly for cm. I don't know if they still take that tack. However that info is a load of rubbish.

Lots of 'ordinary' car insurers will cover you, Churchill, Sheilas Wheels, Direct line etc etc. It need not cost a fortune and indeed shouldn't cost any more than you would normally pay for your car insurance.

You need business cover, to cover you carrying the children.

MM don't claim they are the only insurers for cm, I have insured with them for the first time this year because Churchill, who I had been with for years hiked the premiums, wanted £785 previous year it was £329 :angry: I haven't had an accident for over 10yrs and then it wasn't my fault!!!

MM cost me £289.:thumbsup:

I think its a question of shopping around. The price will depend on where you live, your age and accident record and the kind of car you drive.

mumto3
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Bluefin (NCMA recommeded) I have tried to get NCMA to stop recommending only one brooker but although they have greatly reduced their advertising in Who Minds they haven't broken the link :panic:

Bluefin used to try to frighten you that no other car insurance covered you properly for cm. I don't know if they still take that tack. However that info is a load of rubbish.

Lots of 'ordinary' car insurers will cover you, Churchill, Sheilas Wheels, Direct line etc etc. It need not cost a fortune and indeed shouldn't cost any more than you would normally pay for your car insurance.

You need business cover, to cover you carrying the children.

MM don't claim they are the only insurers for cm, I have insured with them for the first time this year because Churchill, who I had been with for years hiked the premiums, wanted £785 previous year it was £329 :angry: I haven't had an accident for over 10yrs and then it wasn't my fault!!!

MM cost me £289.:thumbsup:

I think its a question of shopping around. The price will depend on where you live, your age and accident record and the kind of car you drive.

thats what the cm that i was speaking to said so when she gets mindees she has decided not to drive as her extra insurance with them would be way too much to beable to afford, alot of people i talk to just have business class on their insurers so i thought it would be ok.

Thanks

sarah707
06-06-2011, 06:23 PM
You just need business class 1 insurance.

Both our cars are with Morton Michel - but only because they offered the best deal.

I shop around every time I renew. :D