PDA

View Full Version : Visit from Ofsted to decide upon variation in numbers

gingerella
06-06-2011, 01:34 PM
Because I am newly registered (since feb) and have applied to increase my numbers when working with an assistant Osted have said I will be having a visit from an inspector for a chat. Does anyone have experience of this and what will they want to know/see?

Thanks

Helen

Daftbat
06-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I would think that it would be nothing too terrible just to ensure that you know exactly what you are taking on and have things organised etc. Not had experience myself but I have heard of this before so don't worry.

muffins
06-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi,

I've got them coming to do exactly that for me on Fri morn, so can let you know after that!

The reason they said am coming to chat to me is because I haven't had an inspection in 5yrs! Also said just wanted to check policies etc have been amended accordingly!

gingerella
06-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Thanks Muffins, would be good to know what they ask you.

Thanks Daftbat too :)

candylove13
07-06-2011, 06:16 AM
Would be interested in hearing your outcomes on this one. I've put in for a variation last week and Ofsted said the team will be looking into it on Monday.

I've just had Ofsted out last Friday for my first graded inspection though, so I hope they don't want to come again :rolleyes:

muffins
11-06-2011, 08:39 AM
She came yesterday, the result is we can car for 8 children, inc 6 under 5, inc 2 under 1:clapping:

But I still have to apply for planning yet for more than 6!:rolleyes:

She checked I have rewritten policies, procedures and RA's to include my assisant, written an RA for her and a whistleblowing policy! She also asked about my plans for traveling (in car ratios, buggies etc), plans for getting her 1st aid & leaving kids with her, and enough equipment for children eating, sleeping etc!

Asked assistant about ins & outs of alot of things too so glad I had preped her:laughing:

Think it also helped that I had written an assistant to do list & checked things off, as she good see clearly my thoughts of what to do!

Good luck with yours:D