PDA

View Full Version : Continuous Provision Planning...

Cassie
05-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Do i fill this in at the end of each day (retrospectively)or beginning of the week? I have just put this together but i'm not sure how to use it in planning....

Jods
05-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Continuous provision, can be a list of things you provide on a weekly basis x

Water play, sand, playdough, painting, construction etc x

You only need to do this once/twice a year (just to update if things change)

what you need to do weekly, is to plan alongside your continous provision as set out in your next steps x

For example ***** does not like messy play but loves lego, you will have Lego as your continous provision, but might make some jelly and get the child to bury the blocks in the jelly as planning alongside x

Dont know if this has been said before also, but list every toy/resource you have as a list, this will count towards your long term planning, and will show if you have any gaps, which you can then note in your SEF x

sarah707
06-06-2011, 07:41 AM
I have a monthly plan (spring, planting etc) that I link to CP every month.

This month we are looking at minibeasts... it's linked to all areas of provision and I update it as we go along and the children think of things to do to complement my ideas.

It sits alongside other individual planning for Eyfs and group planning for the older children, there in case there's a lull or they get bored then out it comes to keep them busy.

I also have CP plans in the file for other areas of provision focussed on things such as meal times and other routines during the day. That is updated when things change and is really useful for showing what the part time children are involved in.

Hth :D

Number twenty 2
10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Continuous provision for childminders can be so much more responsive to the needs, interests, learning styles and next steps of the children, than that used in a group setting. I do a continuous provision plan each week (a wide range of types of activities providing opportunities for learning and development across all areas of learning). However, unlike group settings where often the very same things will be available in certain areas (they usually have more space to put a lot more things out and don't have to pack everything away again afterwards), precisely what I put out will vary from day to day, week to week. This reflects the needs, interests, learning styles and next steps of the children attending at any time. It also works well bearing in mind that mine is a pack away setting in a relatively small house and I work alone. As my ongoing individual planning is feeding into this CP plan I don't feel the need to do lots of separate individual activity plans each week.

Of course this is only how I do it, but I do find it works well and is very manageable.

All the best

Kate M
11-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi,
I spent all of my bank holiday weekend doing continuous provision planning and have finally finished it. I found some really useful templates on the communication 4 all and TES website.
I used a mixture of them both and my own ideas and feel they are quite thorough.
from Kate :)

mrssully
11-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Does anyone have an example of a weekly plan, long term and continuious provision? trying to find a sytem on how to record it and just getting jumbled! have the activity ideas etc just totally baffled how to write it down on paper and add to /evaluate etc????:angry: :(

Number twenty 2
16-06-2011, 07:13 PM
You may find it useful to look in the business advertising section.