PDA

View Full Version : becoming a childminder

sarah c
05-06-2011, 04:22 PM
hi ya
im looking for any help that you could give me with starting up as a childminder, i have a btec national diploma in childrens, care, learning and development level 3, i also have a daughter you is 5.

i would be thankful for any help that you may give me

thanks

sarah xx

afsha1810
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi Sarah C

Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

You will need to contact your local council or families information direct (depending on where you live). I was invited to a pre-reg meeting first, then had to do a basic skills test and I am now 3 quarters into my pre-reg childminding course and it is fantastic. :clapping:

I hope this helps.

Afsha :)

sarah c
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
hiya

sorry only just got back to been a bit crazy lol

ive got my pre childminding breifing on thursday so a bit scared but excited at the same time

hope you getting on ok

Sarah
x

The Juggler
03-07-2011, 09:57 AM
good luck! if you have your level 3 you'll just need to do your ICP and then first aid. Just be aware that it can take up to 6-12 months with all the forms and CRB's etc. but hopefully it'll all go through quickly.:)

sarah c
04-07-2011, 07:08 AM
awwww thank you, fingers crossed it will go quickly for me (well i can dream) and i know it might take a while but im sure i will find things to fill my time
xx

sharonmanc
04-07-2011, 08:32 PM
Hi there, i have my pre reg on thursday too, which area are you? I cant wait to get started

Sharon

sarah c
05-07-2011, 06:59 AM
hiya Sharon

ive got to travel to Burton on trent, where have tou got to go?

i cant waitt to start either thursday needs to hurry up loll

xx