PDA

View Full Version : Two sides of Ofsted x

Jods
05-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Well I was born lucky, or maybe not, after confirming my Ofsted pre-reg visit a week last Wed, only to turn up for work the next day with a Lady on the doorstep from Ofsted lol!!!!

Not the same person, but boy where they worlds apart!!

I totaly understand the pre-reg visit is different, but it is a lottery whom you get, and unfortunalty how your Ofsted inspector views things x

My pre-reg lady was wonderful, she was very helpful and understanding, loved my pre-school paperwork, how I use my obs and the EYFS, my PLODS and Next steps, my policies are excellent (40 pages >blush<) x

Work Ofsted thought my obs were fine, but not enough links to the EYFS in N/S or planning, not enough communication with parents, needed more effective use for my PLODS and our polices where out of date (hate to say they are not, as just added the latest Surrey addendum Safeguarding on the 12.05.11 :mad: ) x

talk about confused.com, for childminding not so sure, but after half term the Ofsted de-brief will be happening when I go back to work, next week :(

The worrying thing is the work Ofsted, only talked to two out of 6 members of staff, and only saw mine and my bosses Learning journeys planning etc

sarah707
05-06-2011, 03:53 PM
You are right it's a total lottery depending on who you get.

It sounds like you have a good grasp on everything and you are following best practice by updating things promptly.

Maybe the Ofsted inspector who was critical was simply trying to give you pointers for the future to improve your grade...?

Good luck with it all :D