PDA

View Full Version : Ofted pre-reg visit

Lear
03-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Eeeek!

Mrs Ofsted will be visiting me on Tuesday for my pre-registration visit.

At the moment there are no child locks on any of my kitchen cupboards. With small children myself, all knifes, glassware, etc are stored in my wall cupboards so out of the children's reach. All low level cupboards have cereal boxes, tins and packets - will I still need child proof locks?

I've done risk assessments for each room in my house but if there are things that she is not happy with will she come back and re-check before registering me? However minor? I've been asked to mind a child for one day a week starting 20th June which is two weeks after my pre-reg visit so ideally the sooner I'm registered the better!

I'm in major panic overload.............

Lear
05-06-2011, 12:04 PM
..............two days away and I'm getting sooooooo nervous!

The Juggler
05-06-2011, 12:29 PM
don't be nervous hon. if you don't have anything dangerous in your cupboards there is no requirement for cupboard locks. you can always tell her you plan to get some for when you start. I can't imagine she'll want to come back to check you have them. It's usually only for major things they will want to come back and ensure you have done i.e. covering up ponds etc.

good luck!

rebecca4573
05-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Not much to offer in way of advice but just wanted to say good luck! Let us know how you get on - I'm currently awaiting my pre-reg visit xx

Little Laurels
06-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Mrs O is visiting me tomorrow too!! Such a clever lady to be in all those different places at once! :laughing:

Good luck with your inspection -- general advice seems to be "it's not going to be as bad as you think" so I'm hanging on to that advice!! :)

Hope it all goes well!!

Lorraine x

Pandypops
07-06-2011, 09:08 PM
I was really nervous for mine and screwed on a zillion cupboard locks the night before and she didn't even look around my flat really. As long as you can show how you have/plan to make things safe then that should be enough. You will constantly risk assess as you mind so if you feel you need them in the future then you can use them.

Pre-reg is nothing to worry about - just make sure you know the answers to your pre-reg booklet as this is what I got asked, and you will be fine. It's quite informal and you can ask questions too.

Good luck!!!

miffy
07-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Hope it went well for you Lear and Littlelaurels

Miffy xx