PDA

View Full Version : KUW - help

Louise0208
03-06-2011, 06:43 AM
every week when im doing the planning & learning journeys i find it hard trying to find links with knowledge & understanding of the world......where am i going wrong :(

The Juggler
03-06-2011, 07:14 AM
hon, anything they are exploring will give you KUW. So digging for worms, listening to birds.

Smallworld play - farms, zoos etc (this will give you place as well as discovery)

Trains - especially magnet or electric ones (Magnetism and place)

Don't forget ICT comes into KUW so you could plan a continuous resource or one off around this.:thumbsup:

Louise0208
03-06-2011, 11:58 AM

im such a ditz :rolleyes:

Maza
03-06-2011, 02:56 PM
Sand, water, messy fun, small world, language of time (today, yesterday, tomorrow etc,) weather language, playing with torches, planting, using scissors or other tools, festival work, battery operated toys, helping you print something off the computer, playing with cars on ramps, shopping...once you start you can't stop finding examples!

Basically, I think of it in terms of subjects that you might see on a school timetable for older kids. Investigating and exploration is Science, Place is Geography, Time is History, Designing and Making is D and T. Anything to do with ICT is KUW.
Hope that helps. x