PDA

View Full Version : Week...uhhh...4, I think

Tatia
30-04-2008, 09:05 AM
I missed Slimming World last week cos person I hitch a ride with couldn't make it and my husband was at a work do. I was convinced I had gained last night when I went to weigh-in but I'd actually lost 1/2 a pound. I know it's not much but I was so convinced I'd have gained at least 3 that it was really welcome news. :clapping:

I hadn't gone off the rails but was slipping here and there, you know? The sort of behaviour that leads you back to where you started?:rolleyes: So I stayed to class last night for the extra support and am glad I did. I feel properly motivated again for the week ahead.

deeb66
30-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Well done Tatia!

Any loss is an achievement as it is a step in the right direction.

I used to find that I was more motivated and lost more if I stayed at the meeting.....I also enjoyed the chat and banter between us all and of course the fantastic ideas that we used to share so considered it time well spent.

I think it will certainly help you to have a good week this week and well done :thumbsup:

Tatia
30-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks Dee. It's already motivated me to skip the crisps this morning!:thumbsup:

deeb66
30-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Just keep telling yourself you don't want them!.

I have been telling myself that I don't really want that Cheese, tomato, cucumber & lettuce sandwich ;)

You could always contact Carol (Charleyfarley) as she very kindly offers to eat all these bad things so that you don't have to :laughing:

Tatia
30-04-2008, 10:26 AM
5 pounds gone in 5 weeks. Not too shabby. I'm not a big loser so I'm happy with what I've achieved so far.

Now I'm back to the starting weight I was when I first realized I needed to lose! I lost a stone and in the last year or so put it back on along with 5 little friends (pounds, not stones).:angry:

Anyway, slow and steady wins the race. At least, in my case it does. I'm making small changes that I can live with rather than big changes I'll never be able to maintain (cos I know me!).

Tatia
30-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Speaking of binging, I jjust took a fresh white loaf out of the breadmaker and my daughters and I proceeded to polish it off topped with butter and honey. It was glorious, divine, mouth-watering delicious. But now I feel ill and am regretting all those calories!:blush:

Still, I did all right today and will just pledge o stay on track the rest of the week. Wily seductiveness of warm, fresh bread!:mad:

nell57
30-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Ooh just the thought of it is making my mouth water, just as well my bread maker is covered in dust on top of kitchen cupboard.:D

DH and I have just had a take away of tandoori chicken, curry sauce and naan bread as a little treat after my weigh in tonight:D

Any way well done on your loss Tatia, you're doing a good job:clapping: keep up the good work.

Helen