PDA

View Full Version : last nights panorama

WibbleWobble
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
i know this isnt cm related but i watched this last night with DD2 who has learning disabilities.

i wish i hadnt...i only watched it cos it was on...i hadnt planned to.

it really upset me and DD2 she was breaking her heart and turned to me and said "some people dont see that we are human beings"....heartbreaking.

i felt for the mums and dads of these young people. as the mum of an autistic young adult i have some insight into the difficulties they face. Luckily katie doesnt have severe learning problems. But when she was little and it looked like she wouldnt walk or talk,putting her in a "home" was an option suggested to us.

she has kept hugging me today and saying "i love you mummy"

i think its really affected her....but maybe its cos she is 19 tomorrow and we are having a party here with all the mindees (she has mental age of 10 so she fits in nicely):laughing:

been out and got her a largish flat screen tv for her room....she is jigging about with glee

mandy xxx

Alibali
01-06-2011, 05:11 PM
I cried watching it, these people need locked up :-(

LOOPYLISA
01-06-2011, 05:12 PM
It was shocking :panic:

Step son has autism so i know exactly how you feel, i couldnt watch it all :(

rachelmama
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
hi yes i watched it to i was crying so upsetting, i also have a son who is 10 with autism so i understand how you feel

onceinabluemoon
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
I didnt watch it but hate when people are cruel to others whether or not they have differences. Give your Katie and extra special hug. x

PRINCESSDAISYFLOWER
01-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I have it on good authority that "wayne" one of the workers got a taste of his own medicine last night.

wellybelly
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
I have it on good authority that "wayne" one of the workers got a taste of his own medicine last night.

I'm not an aggresive person, but I should jolly well think so. He was the worst excuse of a human being I've ever come across. He deserves everything he gets from now on.

I watched this (with tears rolling down my face) and all I could think about was I bet this wasn't the only place that this sort of thing happens. My heart goes out to the families who had to watch it too.

manjay
01-06-2011, 05:47 PM
It was shocking!! I can't imagine how those families must have felt to watch their loved one being abused in that way. I was truly disgusted:(

Bushpig
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
We were so shocked. Horrified :(

Muffin
01-06-2011, 07:03 PM
I cried it was so awful and it could have been stopped so much sooner

onceinabluemoon
01-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Ok, now I just watched it on iPLayer and am absolutely horrified!!! I cannot believe people can treat others like this and nothing was done, those poor people, there just arent the words...