PDA

View Full Version : Awaiting Registration/ PP's and deposits..

steedie
01-06-2011, 04:49 PM
Hiya,

I am registering and at present Ofsted are collating my forms and will be calling me within the next week according to the lady on the phone. My NCMA development worker told me to start advertising and so I have and Im quite inundated with people wanting my number through friends and visits to my website which states Im regisetring, not registered. So yae for the business but what do I do about people securing places? Anyone esle experienced this or can offer any bright ideas? I surely can't ask for deposits yet as I have no contracts and so forth to bind myself and the parent to but I also can't be turning business away and would hate a scenario where parents say they want a place but then in July say they have gone elsewhere and Ive sent other parents elsewherw! Even my dev. worker has rung twice to see where I am in the process as she's had enquiries. It's so busy and I don't know how to manage the situation best for all of us until my registration is complete!One space is gone and I have one space left and 3 people visited / visiting with one declined. Its manic!

Thanks in advance for any help and advice offered,
Rhiannon

sarah.petch
01-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Hi
ive just got my registration through and i started the process in january the thing which took the most amount of time was the social services checks etc. I was told i couldnt advertise untill i had recieved my registration from ofstead. I would be careful offering places to people as you just dont know how long the process will take ive heard it take people 9 months plus.

JoJo*
02-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi...
It took me 7 months from start to finish.....
You only get told your numbers when you have had your pre-reg visit too, so may be hard to confirm places until then??
Great news for when your registered tho! well done!

steedie
05-06-2011, 03:45 PM
Thanks for your replies! The 1 family who have confirmed are not looking for care until September so that gives us a fair while. Im hoping 4 months is long enough! :eek: I guess its just coming down to trust at the moment. All my enquiries are for future places, the ones who have needed someone soon I've declined to have visit as its pointless. We need more minders where I live desperatley!