PDA

View Full Version : icp course??

kerry1
01-06-2011, 12:55 PM
hello,

I have been looking at peoples advice on here. Iam new to this and i am waiting to go on intro course.
Can someone please tell me what is the icp course???

thankyou ad thankyou for all the advice xx

sarah707
01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
ICP stands for Introduction to Childminding.

The course is called different things depending on where you live.

In Cheshire it's the Introduction to Childminding Cheshire ICC :D

kerry1
02-06-2011, 07:59 AM
a big thankyou.... it gets very confusing!!

Kezzle
06-06-2011, 06:42 PM
It gets even more confusing when you have a 101 different things to organise at home/work and sort out for ofsted whilst doing the ICP.Here they just chuck endless pieces of paper at you which mean nothing much to me as they don't explain or go through them all properly. Plus they waffle so much rubbish my concentration is lost and now i'm left here with my 3rd one tomorrow morning having suppose to have done some homework and i can't even remember what it looked like as i was handed so many different sheets of paper the last time :eek: Why do i need homework?! If the council wasn't so naff they would have had this course wrapped up in two whole days instead of spreading it out in 2 hour shifts over 6 weeks pretty blooming pointless. Wastes my days travelling back and forth when i should be in work earning the money i need to pay for all this.

Dont mind me /rant.

kerry1
07-06-2011, 08:14 AM
no it is fine to rant, it prob be me in a couple of weeks wel this is if they are start the course.... been waiting since january and it is very frustrating to say the least!

hope all goes well for you :-)

anisha
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Mrs A is coming round today to tntroduce the CYPOP 5 (Home-based Chidcare). So much to do and so little time, not even looked at SEF yet :panic:

mumto3
07-06-2011, 09:19 AM
It gets even more confusing when you have a 101 different things to organise at home/work and sort out for ofsted whilst doing the ICP.Here they just chuck endless pieces of paper at you which mean nothing much to me as they don't explain or go through them all properly. Plus they waffle so much rubbish my concentration is lost and now i'm left here with my 3rd one tomorrow morning having suppose to have done some homework and i can't even remember what it looked like as i was handed so many different sheets of paper the last time :eek: Why do i need homework?! If the council wasn't so naff they would have had this course wrapped up in two whole days instead of spreading it out in 2 hour shifts over 6 weeks pretty blooming pointless. Wastes my days travelling back and forth when i should be in work earning the money i need to pay for all this.

Dont mind me /rant.

wish i had to do the 6 week course, its now 12 weeks in my area, well 13 weeks including the half term, it starts in september and i have to pay £215 to do it and then first aid on top :mad:

kerry1
08-06-2011, 11:59 AM
sorry, so do we have to pay for the course???

Flisspaps
08-06-2011, 12:05 PM
And here in Telford, I've been told it's not offered here because it's not a requirement of the EYFS :rolleyes:

For those of you that have seen my other posts about that, the lady concerned hasn't emailed me back yet after I asked her to confirm to me that it also wasn't required in order to meet the Childcare Register requirements (thanks again to Sarah for that!)

mumto3
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM

all areas are different but my area doesnt fund it anymore :angry:

but it wont stop me, i have the money saved already :)

The Juggler
08-06-2011, 01:26 PM
when I did my ICP it was a 10 weeks course at college. it was free. that was 6 years ago. our borough have just started charging for it.

Kezzle
13-06-2011, 04:36 PM
wish i had to do the 6 week course, its now 12 weeks in my area, well 13 weeks including the half term, it starts in september and i have to pay £215 to do it and then first aid on top :mad:

That sounds ridiculous! They do like to make you fanny around a lot! Will they not pay back any expenses? Deffinitely make sure you put it down as start up costs for your tax stuff. (minds gone blank for proper names)

I'm half way through now YEY! We're doing welfare and policies tomorrow and right this minute i'm meant to be making up some policies, just so somethings done and i can get some reassurance i'm doing it right tomorrow. But as you can see, i'm obviously once more sidetracked. haha.

Kezzle
13-06-2011, 04:39 PM

Depends where your from. Derbyshire aren't currently as they still have some funding but it could change. TBF they have been quite good.

kerry1
28-07-2011, 07:43 PM
is the icp course - dip in childcare at home??

Kezzle
29-07-2011, 01:00 PM
is the icp course - dip in childcare at home??

I don't think so. The ICP is just a brief introduction, the diploma will probably go into more detail. Hopefully someone who has done it can tell you better. I was looking into the home learning courses in childcare.

Mrs Dolphin
29-07-2011, 03:08 PM
We are quite lucky here in Cornwall. The course (which is called Introduction to Homebased Childcare) is funded and takes place over 3 days (6 1/2 hours a day) so it is over pretty quick. The only thing that worries me about this is if we have homework will have to do it that night as the course is 3 consecutive days! Does mean by middle of August it will all be done though :) The food hygiene and the first aid is also still finded here too so I am in the middle of my first aid (finish that tomorrow) and can do my food hygiene on line.

Mrs Dolphin
29-07-2011, 03:08 PM
Funded not finded lol

Kezzle
30-07-2011, 11:57 AM
My course was called Basic induction training common skills and knowledge. Was 12 hours long 2 hours once a week over 6 weeks. We covered:

1. introduction to the EYFS
2. child development 0-5
3. child development 6-11
4. RA/H&S/Welfare Requirements
5. Confidentiality/CAF/Safeguarding/Multi-Agency working/Info sharing
6. Reflecting on practice.

I think i might do the diploma. I'm going to have a look around.

I need to do a food hygiene, and i want to do an online safeguarding course as i don't know when my next local one will be or if it'll be free anymore anyway. It's quite an important subject for me.