PDA

View Full Version : Hama beads?

SamBaker
01-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I've heard of them but don't know any thing about them?? Can someone please tell me what to buy lol!!! And prefebly not my 7 year old daughter or I'll be skint lol!!

sarah707
01-06-2011, 09:58 AM
They are tiny beads which you put into shapes to make pictures.

They come in a huge amount of colours... you iron them when the picture is finished.

They scatter everywhere when tipped and can be lost for years then turn up behind the sofa or under a lamp :laughing:

JulieA
01-06-2011, 10:21 AM
IKEA also do a big tub of beads which are very similar and can be used in the same way as Hama beads - works out much cheaper!

heidicat
01-06-2011, 11:47 AM
I use the ones from Ikea - they're called PYSSLA - great name! ;) Best to put a handful or two into a little plastic bowl rather than give them the whole lot - found this out to my cost...! They do indeed go everywhere!!

Ikea sell the little peg boards to put them on too, and just get some greaseproof paper to put on top to iron over - much cheaper than the paper that Hama sells.

You can buy all sort of shapes separately to the real Hama beads shapes - sea horses, princesses, hearts, ponies etc etc.

Keeps little ones quite for ages I find!

:thumbsup:

SamBaker
01-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Thank you evey one for your tips, I think you have just made it much cheaper for me ........... OK maybe not cos I now need a shopping trip to Ikea, do you think I will just buy beads? :idea: :laughing:

heidicat
01-06-2011, 03:30 PM
errrr, nope! Ikea is deadly and its pointless going to queue up for 30 mins for a £5 shop - might as well get some picture frames, an orchid and some storage boxes too..:D

SamBaker
01-06-2011, 03:32 PM
Exactly my thinking lol! Always need storage boxes!!! :laughing: Think I might need some little bowls as well to put the beads in LOl