PDA

View Full Version : Planning?!?

handeme
31-05-2011, 06:50 PM
I am wanting to make improvements to my planning beacuse I seem to spend a lot of time weekly planning so I was going to switch to monthly and then link activities to the SYFS within my planning sheet.

My mind has totally gone blank, does anyone have an example monthly planning sheet I could have a look at?

Thank you

c x

sarah.petch
31-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Hi
can you help me im a newley registered childminder i was unaware i needed to planning can you enlighten me?

sarah707
01-06-2011, 06:47 PM
It depends on the ages of children you are planning for - you don't need weekly or monthly planning for little ones, just to show that you are following their interests and learning styles by doing obs and then next steps planning.

For older children just look at what they are interested in or plan themes which take as long as the children are following them.

You can also plan for your daily routine showing how much of the Eyfs you are meeting when the children are engaged in cooking, free play, crafts etc. This is called continuous provision planning - you'll find lots of ideas if you google it or check threads on the forum.

Hth :D

handeme
02-06-2011, 06:16 AM
thank you, my mindee is 1.

c x