PDA

View Full Version : New Site

Louise317
31-05-2011, 09:07 AM
Hi guys, After my first website had too many in appropriate adverts and I have now decided on my business name :) I've created a new site... would love your opinion

www.louiseslittlepeeps.moonfruit.com

Thank you xx

Pauline
31-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Thanks for the link :thumbsup:

Louise317
31-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Your welcome Pauline... I wouldn't have survived with out this forum and its fountain of knowledge :) x

catswhiskers
31-05-2011, 10:28 PM
Hi, it's a good site but I in my opinion you've gone a bit dotty with the spots!

Just found them distracting as a background, when trying to read everything.

Louise317
01-06-2011, 09:34 AM
Hi, it's a good site but I in my opinion you've gone a bit dotty with the spots!

Just found them distracting as a background, when trying to read everything.

Thanks for feedback...
I've changed the back grounds on some to white does that help ?
:)

Polly2
01-06-2011, 12:13 PM
A lovely site - well done :clapping:

steedie
01-06-2011, 04:39 PM
Its a great site,well done. On the headings you have Daries, go in and add the 'i' when you can,

Rhiannon

Louise317
01-06-2011, 05:42 PM
A lovely site - well done :clapping:
Thank you Polly2 :)

Susana0600
01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Very nice site :clapping: :clapping: thank you very much for sharing!!!

flowerpots
01-06-2011, 06:54 PM
its great, well done, i like your business name too. :thumbsup:

MaryMary
02-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Nice site :)

Was your previous site with Webs by any chance? I have just been told that some of the ads on there are inappropriate :eek: So I now need to change my website :panic: A visiting parent told me this :( She is a freelance website designer, and I nearly died when she told me how much it would cost for a 'proper' site!!

Would you recommend this web builder site? I see it has no adverts :clapping: (did you have to pay for that?)

Louise317
02-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Nice site :)

Was your previous site with Webs by any chance? I have just been told that some of the ads on there are inappropriate :eek: So I now need to change my website :panic: A visiting parent told me this :( She is a freelance website designer, and I nearly died when she told me how much it would cost for a 'proper' site!!

Would you recommend this web builder site? I see it has no adverts :clapping: (did you have to pay for that?)

Yes Mary it was Webs, I emailed them on advice and no one replied. And on a search I found that I would have to email them every time for them to stop that advert! But since no one emailed me in the first place I guess that process wouldn't work! lol

moonfruit is Free for up to 15 pages... and you can choose templates or design your own (I designed mine, not difficult). You can buy the domain to, which is something I will do when money comes in.

I've still some work to do on my site but proud of myself so far :)

Louise x

MaryMary
02-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Thank you.

I have deleted my website now. I need to have a think about what to do now. I was thinking of changing anyway, but hoped to get a new site running before I deleted the old one.

Back to the drawing board :(

Louise317
02-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Thank you.

I have deleted my website now. I need to have a think about what to do now. I was thinking of changing anyway, but hoped to get a new site running before I deleted the old one.

Back to the drawing board :(

I kept mine open till I'd created new one (as I was doing advertising it) just so I didn't have to re type all the text!

But honest www.moonfruit.com was easy or google does them too free or if you not confident Pauline (forum boss) creates them for you too (at a cost, but better prices then on the market :)

I was excited to order business cards and postcards today with my own logo on :)

catswhiskers
02-06-2011, 08:05 PM
Yes, changing to the white background has made it much better to read!

MaryMary
02-06-2011, 09:13 PM
I copied and pasted what I had done on the Webs site to word before I deleted it :D

My decision now is whether to go with Moonfruit.com or Pauline (I have been looking at her website this evening).

I will give it some thought over the weekend :)

Pixie dust
02-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I changed from webs to www.gbbo.co.uk they don't have any advertising apart from themselves. It's free for a year not sure the costs after that.

Roseolivia
03-06-2011, 05:31 AM
I deleted my webs website too because of inappropriate ads and am also currently in the middle of doing one with moonfruit.
Love your site, it's great.

Louise317
03-06-2011, 03:15 PM
Thank you all :D x