PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour management Policy

MaryMary
30-05-2011, 09:41 PM
I am in the process of reviewing my policies & procedures and have been thinking about the wording of my behaviour management policy. It is pretty standard at the moment, but I have noticed on other posts, that some of you guys have something about immediate terminiation of contract if behaviour is bad/not improving/intolerable/dangerous to others.

Would anyone be willing to share the wording you use for this? I don't want to sound heavy-handed, but I do wish to protect other mindees/my family/my property if needed.

thank you :thumbsup:

sarah707
31-05-2011, 05:13 PM
You just need a simple phrase protecting yourself from gross misconduct.

It can solve a whole host of problems in the future if a child is aggressive, breaks things, is dangerous etc.

Hth :D

MaryMary
02-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks Sarah.

Unfortunately it is the wording of the phrase that I am struggling with! :blush:

sarah707
02-06-2011, 06:13 PM
In the event of gross misconduct by families or children using my childminding provision I reserve the right to terminate a contract with immediate effect. Gross misconduct might include... then go on to say what you want to cover.

You could include aggression, theft, breaking your / your families confidentiality etc whatever you consider to be actions which you will not tolerate.

hth :D

MaryMary
14-06-2011, 03:27 PM
If, as a result of gross misconduct, a contract was terminated with immediate effect, would notice still be payable? And should I state that in the policy?

Sorry if I am being thick! :blush:

Kiddleywinks
15-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't think you can charge for a notice period that was being terminated immediately.

My understanding is that during a payable notice period you are 'obligated' to provide the service and it would be up to the parents to decide whether mindee attended during this period or not

I may of course be wrong....? (waits patiently to be corrected :) )

Chrissie x

(Edited for appalling grammar!)

Jiorjiina
16-06-2011, 05:28 PM
I have a behaviour management and an exclusion policy (which also covers the difference between exclusion for sickness, and immediately termination of care). A lot of it is based on the Bromley CA policy which you can get on-line.

I reserve the right to terminate a contract with immediate effect and exclude a child permanently from my setting in the following situations:

• If the child continually demonstrates aggressive behaviour towards me or the other children in my care
• If the child continually uses inappropriate language (swearing)
• If the child continually makes inappropriate remarks, such as racist comments
• If the child is likely to cause harm to other children in my care
• If the child is found to be stealing from me, my home or any of the other families whose children are in my care

Before I consider Exclusion, I will first discuss my concerns with the child’s parents and work with them over a period of time to address their child’s behaviour.

I agree with Chrissie about not being able to charge for a notice period if a contract is being terminated immediately. I think if things get to that stage, you're just glad to to be rid.