PDA

View Full Version : Special Treat

Greengrass74
29-05-2011, 04:46 PM
Hi guys

I want to treat my wife to a weekend in London with a show,:) anyone got any recommendations on hotels or the best way to book i.e. do I book a package or buy theatre tickets seperate from hotel.

Any advice or links gladly recieved.

Dave

Twinkles
29-05-2011, 04:58 PM
We use this a lot there are some great bargains

http://www.lastminute.com/

The Juggler
29-05-2011, 05:28 PM
also try Groupon. not sure how soon you want to go but once you register on Groupon, change your hometown to London and you will get the daily deals on there for meals, bars, hotels, a day in a spa or a treatment at a salon (£30 for a £100 hairdo recently) - not often shows though :(

If you want to try something different you can do a sightsee on an amphibious vehicle which takes you round the roads then plunges in the thames - you can book it directly in advance which might save a few pennies.

Also try offpeak luxury for good hotel deals.

There are some good ticket websites for shows if you google it.

Only problem with groupon is once you buy you have to use within a certain period of time so say you book a restaurant, you won't necessarily get a booking for the weekend you want so I'd book the restaurant or deal first then work round it OR if it has to be a specific weekend then try Top Table website and search for deals on, you can see the booking availablilty there and then online. :thumbsup:

have fun!