PDA

View Full Version : Yayyyy Mrs O been, Im registered!!!

the_nanny_uk2
27-05-2011, 01:43 PM
Hi folks

Well the loveliest woman ever came from Prospect this monring at 9.45 and didnt leave until 12.20! yup a whopping 3.5hrs of yacking about EYFS.

Now I dont know whether she questioned me more cos she knew I was NNEB qualified or what but she took one of the pre-reg booklet questions further.
You have to give an example of an activity for a baby & 4yr old for each of the core subjects: i.e Personal,Social & Emotional etc etc. Yet she asked me to do 3-4 for each child on each subject and how I would carry this on to further their development. Threw me a bit but she liked the answers thankfully.

Another thing she said I had to think about doing is tracking the observations to each other???????? Now I'm not clued up on that bit. I had templates from Sarahs wonderful e-book in a folder which she loved, esp as they linked to EYFS but she also wanted tham tracked as well. Someone pls explain that to me.

All in all a very good inspection. Sad to find out she is retiring so I may not get her again :panic: My 13mth old daughter was a gem all the time.

Thank you for everyones help on here, this forum has been invaluable for research.

Jo xxx

Mrs Dolphin
27-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Well done, so excited for you!! Can't wait to start myself. Sounds very scary though ;)

nannysue
27-05-2011, 02:59 PM
Congratulations :thumbsup: and welcome to the crazy world of childminding !!

sarah707
27-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Well done you! :clapping:

I don't know which e-book you have but tracking just means linking what the child is doing to the development matters statements in the Eyfs.

If you don't have the info or you can't find it send me a pm and I'll sort you out :D

tulip0803
27-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Congratulations:clapping:

the_nanny_uk2
27-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Hi Sarah,

Thats what I thought too but she wants it to be laid out so u can see at a glance where the child is up to rather than going back and forth from obs to obs. I had thought about writing in the comments box " next step = ..." then after it was done I'd write see ob dated...... so they'd know I had followed it up. I have no idea what sort of tracker she means.

Jo xx

mrs_scottydog
27-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Congratulations! Hope your certificate arrives soon and it doesn't take long for you to find some children. :) Hx

Kasha1
28-05-2011, 07:29 PM
Well Done to you my certificate came a week later by recorded delivery, so you will have to sign for it, good luck for the future.:thumbsup:

flowerpots
28-05-2011, 08:07 PM
:clapping: :jump for joy: yay!! congratulations hun. Hope you get some mindees really really soon. Welcome to crazy world :jump for joy: :clapping:

mumto3
29-05-2011, 09:09 AM
Hi Sarah,

Thats what I thought too but she wants it to be laid out so u can see at a glance where the child is up to rather than going back and forth from obs to obs. I had thought about writing in the comments box " next step = ..." then after it was done I'd write see ob dated...... so they'd know I had followed it up. I have no idea what sort of tracker she means.

Jo xx

Ive been looking into all this alot and i was thinking when i get around to starting and doing obs the way u mentioned about tracking is what i will do, there was another post on here about an inspector asking the same thing

I think i would freeze if i was asked the question on the spot about thecactivities for the baby and older child for all 6 areas, im not a quick thinker

marie08
18-08-2011, 09:02 AM
i'm a little big lost...i want to post a question but is POST A THREAD different...i don't know where my questions are going i can't see them :(

Graham
18-08-2011, 09:45 AM
i'm a little big lost...i want to post a question but is POST A THREAD different...i don't know where my questions are going i can't see them :(

Hi Marie

I have sent you a personal message.