PDA

View Full Version : BRRRRR....I've put the heating on!

Toothfairy
27-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Anyone else put their heating back on today?
My house feels really chilly and damp so I have put the heating on for a while to take the chill off BRRRRRRR.

Shhhh Don't tell hubby :D

Mouse
27-05-2011, 09:15 AM
I put mine on for twenty minutes yesterday as it was so cold. That was long enough to take the chill off the house, but after that we started to get too hot! You just can't win at the moment :rolleyes:

cs01
27-05-2011, 09:25 AM
Yep, mine just gone on.....just a few mins to take the chill off. Boiler went into shock and turned itself off but luckily the reset button worked :D

rickysmiths
27-05-2011, 10:18 AM
I've had mine on full blast for the last week :eek:

Sadly not because we have been cold, we live in the SE not Siberia! We have had mega problems with the way our builder laid our floors last year and I have had the last 2 weeks off so it can be sorted out, in order to help the conrete dry we have had all the heating on downstairs and the windows open for ventilation :laughing:

I was glad yesterday afternoon though, it was very chilly.

Mollymop
27-05-2011, 10:18 AM
It is chilly today here, not so much that I need to put the heating on, but still cooler than it has been!

The Juggler
27-05-2011, 01:04 PM
I was tempted but stuck on a cardi instead. I took my winter coat this morning cos it was raining but was glad I did - I needed it to keep me warm. Who stole the summer:panic:

Ripeberry
27-05-2011, 01:42 PM
After April I don't put the heating on whatever the weather! Just use jumpers, the wood fire and the heated blanket in bed :thumbsup:
We use LPG gas, so we can see the gas being used and I want to keep it full until Oct/Nov.

sue m
27-05-2011, 01:58 PM
vest and liberty bodice out again anyone????? Just showing me age. :laughing: :laughing:

ajs
27-05-2011, 02:34 PM
i don't so the cold and it doesn't matter how many jumpers i have on if it's cold my hands go blue and i get chill blains.
I am going to put the heating on for a bit to take the chill out of the house and turn it off later.
I haven't been working today so no running around after little ones either

Toothfairy
27-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Only had it on for 1/2hr to take the chill off but feel really naughty :blush: :D

mrs_scottydog
27-05-2011, 04:43 PM
DH was on a night shift last night so sleeping this morning, no chance of putting the heating on sneakily! DS and I have been out most of the day anyway so not a problem! I did have to wear a coat outside though and now I'm feeling pretty cold. Hx

karen m
27-05-2011, 06:29 PM
got my heating on mainly to dry clothes for goiing back to scotland in the morning,then i can use my drier,living between 2 countries is a pain at times

LOOPYLISA
28-05-2011, 09:35 AM
Anyone else put their heating back on today?
My house feels really chilly and damp so I have put the heating on for a while to take the chill off BRRRRRRR.

Shhhh Don't tell hubby :D

Its mine that puts it on :rolleyes: :D

Louise0208
28-05-2011, 10:01 AM
i dont feel the cold :blush: mind you my house is like a greenhouse, i hate it during the summer as its so stuffy in here & i darnt open windows in the evening cus my stoner-neighbours joint smoke billows in :(

i like the cold & love the snow :thumbsup:

Rubybubbles
28-05-2011, 11:08 AM
don't put it on past March:laughing:

jumpers a plenty! I find I get cold after I finish work and sit still! Although had the past 2 days off:)

alison
28-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Typical bank holiday weather!