PDA

View Full Version : BREAKFAST DOES IT SET YOU UP FOR THE DAY?

angeldelight
26-05-2011, 07:38 AM
Do you have breakfast?

If so what do you have?

I have tried and tried to eat in the mornings but I just can not - so now I dont even try

Does it set you up for the day or are you like me and you just dont bother ?

Angel xx

mama2three
26-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Once I start eating I seem to eat all day. So the later I start the better!

angeldelight
26-05-2011, 07:46 AM
Once I start eating I seem to eat all day. So the later I start the better!

I am like that once I start eating ha ha

Worse at night though

Angel xx

Ripeberry
26-05-2011, 08:08 AM
I always have a 'filling' breakfast when I've got a busy day minding. I find that on my busy days I don't get a chance to eat again until 6pm and I even don't get a cup of tea!

Mainly because my mindees are always on the go and never nap at the same time..grr!

I do snack in the day but don't actually sit down for a nice lunch. Today I don't have any mindees until 3pm, so I'm going to have a lovely piece of salmon with some cous cous and a salad ....yum...yum :)

LOOPYLISA
26-05-2011, 08:10 AM
I don't enjoy eating early but have to when im at work for 9 :thumbsup:

Weekends are the best, eating around 10-30 :blush:

I snack so much at night though :blush: :D

breezy
26-05-2011, 08:11 AM
I always have cereal for breakfast, dont think I'd last the day without it, I quite often am too busy for much at lunch so if I have breakfast I can last!

charleyfarley
26-05-2011, 08:24 AM
I can't seem to eat too early in the morning so tended to have toast ith the chidren after the school run but as I am trying to diet right now I have started having a banana instead :thumbsup:

Like Breezy some days I am far too busy to stop for lunch so at least I have had something even if it is just a banana :thumbsup:

Carol xx

The Juggler
26-05-2011, 09:08 AM
I don't enjoy eating early but have to when im at work for 9 :thumbsup:

Weekends are the best, eating around 10-30 :blush:

I snack so much at night though :blush: :D

Lisa I used to do that - could never eat before I got to work. Now when I wake up I'm starving these days.

I like crumpets with marmite and butter -mmmmmmmmmm. Angel its so naughty not to have breakfast. That means you won't have eaten for over 12 hours when you have your lunch or elevenses. It slows your metabolism down hon, because your body needs to preserve your dinner food intake until the next meal. When I was trying to lose weight I had a lovely brekkie, kiwi, strawberries and apple. What about an omlette or mushrooms on toast??

This is my campaign now to get Angel to eat her breakfast. :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
26-05-2011, 09:11 AM
Ive just had a fried egg on toast :D :blush:

Helen Dempster
26-05-2011, 09:14 AM
I'm the same as you Angel, can't face eating first thing in the morning. I have tried 'forcing' myself but I've given up now and just eat when I get hungry, probably about 10.30am-ish.

AliceK
26-05-2011, 09:42 AM
I can't face food for at least 3hrs after I get up so during the week I wait and then sit down with my littlies when we get back from the school run and we all have breakfast (Ready Brek today). At weekends I don't bother. I'm not really a breakfast person, just need loads of strong coffee.

xxx

snufflepuff
26-05-2011, 10:00 AM
I can't eat breakfast- just can't face it. DS seems the same and won't eat until at least an hour after waking up, usually longer. I always have a tea or coffee though!
I tend to start feeling hungry about about 11 ish but hold out until lunch at about 12 with the children.

kindredspirits
26-05-2011, 10:07 AM
I usually have breakfast about 9am as I don't fancy it straight away (and even less so now I am sick every morning) but it definately doesn't set me up for the day - I had porridge this morning at 9ish and although it should be burning up nice and slowly i've just had a bag of velvet crunch crisps as i was starting to feel sick and shakey. no matter what i eat its the same, i need more at 11ish. :D
I am getting so fat its unbelievable. :panic:

angeldelight
26-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Lisa I used to do that - could never eat before I got to work. Now when I wake up I'm starving these days.

I like crumpets with marmite and butter -mmmmmmmmmm. Angel its so naughty not to have breakfast. That means you won't have eaten for over 12 hours when you have your lunch or elevenses. It slows your metabolism down hon, because your body needs to preserve your dinner food intake until the next meal. When I was trying to lose weight I had a lovely brekkie, kiwi, strawberries and apple. What about an omlette or mushrooms on toast??

This is my campaign now to get Angel to eat her breakfast. :laughing:

Most of the time I do not have lunch either

Think thats why I eat so much at night - I am sooo hungry that I can not stop

You sound like my mom by the way ha ha ha :laughing:

Angel xx

LOOPYLISA
26-05-2011, 10:37 AM

Angel xx

No breakfast and no lunch :eek:

I would pass out :laughing:

angeldelight
26-05-2011, 10:42 AM

I think thats why I make myself ill sometimes

I just do not get time to eat

Sometimes I snack a little but not much - I do all that in the evening and more ha

Angel xx

Mollymop
26-05-2011, 10:46 AM
I don;t like to eat at breakfast because when I do I find that I just want to keep on eating all day, but to speed my metabolism up (yes I am dieting and lost 10lb in 2 weeks... go me) i eat something small such as half an apple or the left over tuna after I have made my kids sandwiches in the morning. I can't eat more than a few spoons of something though, I just can't stomach it first thing. I eat lunch at 11 and then tea at 6 and no snacking in between for me anymore!! argh it is hard

nicoleon
26-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I used to not eat in the morning but found that it is quite easy to get used to. We all have breakfast together at 7am. Cereal, Toast, Fresh Rolls - anything really! In winter we tend to stick to Porridge with fresh fruit.

I join in all the meals the kids have, too. So light snacks at 9.30 and 3.45pm and lunch at 11.30ish and dinner at 6pm.

I never had problems with my weight and find I need to keep eating regularly because my day is quite physical...

CherryBlossom
26-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I don't like milk so cereal is no good for me & bread makes me look pregnant! I love a good fry up & like a few others have said if I eat breakfast then I can't stop stuffing my face for the rest of the day!:)

Milli147
26-05-2011, 12:34 PM
I bread makes me look pregnant!

Me too..:( but I do love it...

I have to eat within about an hour of waking up or I feel really sick! I guess it's what you're used to. So for me breakfast is about half seven, then by 11 I am starving again. It's a good job I don't often sit still - cept when I'm on here!!:laughing:

miss mopple
26-05-2011, 12:37 PM
I always have breakfast as soon as I come downstairs (around 6.30). I normally have cereal or toast and marmalade :thumbsup: Couldn't skip brekkie- I'd be hell to live with if I did :laughing:

funemnx
26-05-2011, 12:45 PM
I love cereal, usually have mine about 8 (up at 6.30) I make the children toast and usually have a slice before the school run. It usually lasts until lunchtime but occasionally like today I had to have a slice of cake mid-morning as I'd made one for a friend who needed cheering up :D

Tinglesnark
26-05-2011, 12:57 PM
we always have breaky together too, i always have special k and a cuppa. come 10am im ready for a crumpet though :laughing:

Twinkles
26-05-2011, 01:06 PM

Me too ! Not to mention how grumpy I'd be :laughing:

I have two weetabix with a little milk topped with natural yoghurt , manuka honey and a large handful of blueberries - very yummy !

mrs_scottydog
26-05-2011, 01:12 PM
At the moment I feel like I"m constantly eating. I have to have a sandwich for breakfast as nothing else fills me enough. Even then I have to constantly top up with food to keep the nausea at bay. Hx

The Juggler
26-05-2011, 02:00 PM

Angel xx

I am , I'm gonna be your breakfast mummy from now on and will be checking in regularly :D

The Juggler
26-05-2011, 02:01 PM
I usually have breakfast about 9am as I don't fancy it straight away (and even less so now I am sick every morning) but it definately doesn't set me up for the day - I had porridge this morning at 9ish and although it should be burning up nice and slowly i've just had a bag of velvet crunch crisps as i was starting to feel sick and shakey. no matter what i eat its the same, i need more at 11ish. :D
I am getting so fat its unbelievable. :panic:

you were tiny before - you are not getting fat you are growing a baby bump.

You should eat every few hours when preggers to keep you going :thumbsup:

karen m
26-05-2011, 02:05 PM
i could not do without my breakfast,porridge and a cereal bar,don't normally have a sit down lunch just grab something on the go

loocyloo
26-05-2011, 02:06 PM
i used to just have a cup of tea and occaisonaly a breakfast bar or some fruit as soon as i came down stairs.

i've started going for a run as soon as i come downstairs now, so i have a quick glass of water and i'm off! when i come back, its another glass or 2 of water ( then a quick shower and getting dressed for the day! ) then, by thetime i've sorted lunches, done hair etc, its time to go to school, and i'm having a big bowl of muesli and fresh fruit & cup of tea, when i get back from school. this is keeping me going until lunchtime and sometimes until tea! 'cos i'm not working at the moment, i don't have LO requiring lunch, and i forget! oops!

spowage
26-05-2011, 07:48 PM
hi if i dont eat i get a headache so i force down a bowl of porridge with raisens in it at 7.30 else i turn into green monster!!! but it keeps me full till at least 12 ish .