PDA

View Full Version : Nappy changing

mumto3
24-05-2011, 09:47 PM
I have a question, I havent been on the childminding course yet but have been thinking about things

when it comes to nappy changing, do u have to have a nappy changing unit somewhere or is it ok to change the child/ren on a mat on the floor?

Stew....pid
24-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Nope a mat on the floor is plenty good enough so dont rush down to Tesco's and nick the one out the Baby Changing Toilet :D :laughing:

mumto3
24-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Imagine the dodgy looks i would get, im sure they would be ok if i explained why i needed it ;)

i was gonna buy a small unit to put in the downstairs loo but if its not necessary then i wont, save me some pennies :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
24-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I have just bought a second hand changing unit, purely because I am finding it increasingly difficult getting up and down off the floor (its an age thing :rolleyes: ) but until I bought that I used a mat on the floor!! So I wouldn't spend money on a changing unit unless you really need one (like me :D )

lottieslittlelambs
25-05-2011, 11:31 AM
LOL!

Looks like my old cupboard top changer is coming out of the attic again!

Glad I kept my baby stuff up there from the girls.

Mats on the floor are ok, but changing units save your back if you have teenies in nappies.

:)

sarah707
25-05-2011, 05:54 PM
My knees won't cope with the floor any more so I change sitting down on a sofa bed with a big nappy changing mat :D

Alibali
25-05-2011, 06:17 PM
The age thing has caught up with me too:blush:
I have a folding changing table, best investment ever:thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
25-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I bought a baby change unit only to find that some parents were not happy to have their child changed up on them with no restraints

Now I use the change unit as a bookshelf for my files and use a change mat on the floor, lol:laughing:

funemnx
25-05-2011, 07:27 PM
My change mat goes on the sofa, can't get back up again once on the floor!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Alibali
25-05-2011, 07:56 PM
I bought a baby change unit only to find that some parents were not happy to have their child changed up on them with no restraints

Now I use the change unit as a bookshelf for my files and use a change mat on the floor, lol:laughing:

Don't think I've ever asked parents if they're happy with it or not! Mine does have straps, but I risk assess. In fact I don't even know if parents know where I change them, not a question thats ever come up.

Cammie Doodle
25-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Hi Ali where did you get your folding table ?

stephym
09-10-2011, 12:07 AM
Hello newbie here!

I know this thread is a few months old but this is exactly what I needed to know (this forum is GREAT!). Just an additional question, if using a change mat on the floor, is it acceptable to do this in the same room as the other children you are minding or are there any guidelines about moving to a separate room?

Carol M
09-10-2011, 07:43 PM
I have this in my downstairs cloakroom
http://www.boohoobaby.co.uk/prod_show.asp?prodid=1047&ref=froogle
best thing ever when you have 3 in nappies and the old hips struggle !
Carol xx