PDA

View Full Version : Phil & Teds Owners

Chell
24-05-2011, 08:19 PM
How do you carry bags, shopping, etc on your Phil and Teds. Today I had a baby who comes with a huge changing bag (which I have decided I will part empty before going out!) and two little child size rucksacks. The basket of the buggy can't have much in it as it wouln't leave room for the childs feet.

Any suggestions? I didn't know whether one of those clamp things like rock climbers use would work. I've seen them specially designed for prams but woul the rucksack be in the bottom childs face?

littletreasures
24-05-2011, 08:21 PM
I have the clamp on my Phil and Ted's. I put it on the side of the handle bar so the bag is to the side of the child in the back. It doesn't seem to bang in to them

You can get pannier bags for the Phil and Teds, but don't know what they're like

WibbleWobble
24-05-2011, 08:23 PM
How do you carry bags, shopping, etc on your Phil and Teds. Today I had a baby who comes with a huge changing bag (which I have decided I will part empty before going out!) and two little child size rucksacks. The basket of the buggy can't have much in it as it wouln't leave room for the childs feet.

Any suggestions? I didn't know whether one of those clamp things like rock climbers use would work. I've seen them specially designed for prams but woul the rucksack be in the bottom childs face?

i have this on my back as a changing bag/ handbag!

its rubber and suits me! the kids love it/

mandy xxxx

miss mopple
24-05-2011, 08:31 PM
I have the panier bags. They hold loads :thumbsup:

curlycathy
24-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Agree - I used the pannier bags they are fab! Also used the Phil and Teds change rucksack on my back if necessary and could usually manage to squeeze a bag in the basket - I found I could either lay it down and the childs feet rested on it, or it could go behind their legs if that makes sense x

Chell
24-05-2011, 09:01 PM
I tend to carry each child's own bag. Perhaps I need to start transfering what I need to one bag.

This is the only thing I dislike about the buggy. I'm so used to my crappy double that had loads of storage space!

littletreasures
24-05-2011, 09:04 PM
I have a rucksack that Amaranth embroidered for me. I keep two lots of different size nappies, wet wipes etc, plus a spare pair trousers, tshirt for 3 kids in. Can fit 3 beakers too.

I just update each day with things I need. Saves having 3 different bags

Katiekoo
24-05-2011, 09:09 PM
I use one changing bag for all the kiddies and pack one or two nappies for each one. I hang this on the handles with a fully extended strap so it hangs way way low (almost touching the ground) behind the child at the back. My bag didn't come with a long strap so I added a spare one from my suitcase! I know you aren't meant to hang things on the handles in case of tipping over but the little one in the front of mine is BIG. Plus it has never tipped even when I've taken the child out the front - I think because I have the bag slung sooooooo low! :laughing:

clio0602
24-05-2011, 09:17 PM
I have the pannier bags they hold a surprising amount!

charleyfarley
25-05-2011, 06:31 AM
I have the pannier bags they hold a surprising amount!

I have those too :thumbsup:

Carol xx

blue bear
25-05-2011, 07:52 PM
I hang a bag off the second seat at the back, using the little red strap to hold it on. I put bits and bobs in the bottom basket loose not in a bag as I get loads more on that way.

Chell
26-05-2011, 06:34 AM
I hang a bag off the second seat at the back, using the little red strap to hold it on. I put bits and bobs in the bottom basket loose not in a bag as I get loads more on that way.
Good idea!

I have ordered one of those clips for the handle to see if they help, much cheap than the bags for now.

singlewiththree
26-05-2011, 07:07 AM
I use the run away strap :blush: and tie it round the handle otherwise I have found you can shove quite a lot under the footrest of the top seat without it effecting the feet of the others. I tend to put the youngest in the back so often their feet don't touch the floor anyway