PDA

View Full Version : Emergency contact information

donnahay0
29-04-2008, 05:34 PM
I am just putting together some new emergency contact information cards and was wondering what information I should put on it regarding the children and their contact details.

I was going to put a passport size photo against their name, dob, known allergy info etc. I don't know whether to put their parent's name and telephone number or should I just leave it with my own emergency contact details?

Your views would be greatly appreciated.

Heaven Scent
29-04-2008, 05:41 PM
What would you be using thse cards for?

donnahay0
29-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Sorry, just to carry around with me (in car etc) - basic info for emergency services should I ever have an accident whilst out and about.

sarah707
29-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Ages, allergies, religion if it's important, parents contact details... you have to think that if the worst happens and you are not able to speak for the children or ring their contacts, then someone else has to do it for you :(

Tickles
29-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Hi, i have emergency contact slips & i keep details of the child, doctors, medical, parents contact details & work details & other family contact details.

I haven't been told to do it anyway, but thought it was best to include the above info.

It's what suits you best

Pudding Girl
03-05-2008, 03:21 PM
I have written name, dob, GP and Parent details, their emergency contacts info and on the back is a photo of them - then laminated, hole punched in corner, and threaded on a keyring and stored in changing bag,

Also added my own emergency contact too - as if they need to be used, someone needs to contact MY emergency contact too.

Heaven Scent
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
I only have parnets contact numbers and year of birth for confidentiality reasons I'm afraid of what could happen if I lost the list or if my bag or car was stolen with list in it - child protection issues and all that - its difficult to know where to draw the line isn't it.

Pudding Girl
03-05-2008, 05:18 PM
It is yes Celine, and I ummed and ahhed over putting the children's names on but I figured that it was necessary in this case. Unless told not to by CCO I shall continue though, rock and a hard place thing isn't it?