PDA

View Full Version : pre reg without CRB??

cadm
23-05-2011, 09:30 PM
hi
am new on here but have been using it for info for months!!! Got few things could really do with some help with...got pre reg visit wed at 9.30am but my CRB stillk hasnt arrived will they still visit?think Il ring tomorrow to let them know just wasnt sure what would happen. Also doeas anyone know about the circumstances they allow 2 under 12 months to be minded. I have a son who is 2 and a daughter who is 61/2 months and my friend wants me to mind her little boy who is 8 months full time. She has written a letter for me to give to OFSTED stating all the reasons she wants me (we were teachers together)...do they ever allow this?

and lastly...do they expect on the visit to see everything set up as though a child were to walk through the door or do you just talk about what you will do?
sorry I know I am rambling...I was an early years teacher for 7 years and yet still stressing out ha ha

Louise0208
24-05-2011, 08:05 AM
my crb arrived 3 months after my pre-reg :eek: (took 4 months altogether) :thumbsup:

I had all my paperwork in place but my other CM friend had nothing in place, the house was set out like it would be for CMing & you would just need to tell the officer what equipment you need to purchase or if you had a grant form your local early years team.

cant offer any advice about the variation as iv never needed one :)

Good luck

Pandypops
24-05-2011, 10:20 AM
I had my pre-reg last Friday and still haven't had CRB's back. I just won't get my certificate until they arrive.

I have a family coming to visit tomorrow and one on Thursday so I hope that they don't take too much longer. I sent them off 2 months ago so fingers crossed!

Good luck!

Louise317
24-05-2011, 12:10 PM
My CRB wasn't complete and they still visited.

I had most paperwork in place but not all, but had a list of still to do.
House was just as my 2 kids have it, I didn't have gates up, no locks on doors etc but so long as you have a risk assessment, what you plan to put in place and a wish list of what you will buy then a talk is all they really want.

I can't answer on variation, but you could ask you inspector when they visit.
Mine was lovely and helpful and open to questions.

Good luck for tomorrow

cadm
24-05-2011, 12:17 PM
thank you all sooooooooooooooo much for replying xxx
starting to feel nervous about it all today