PDA

View Full Version : nearlly a yr on and ....................

mrs coops
23-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Still haven't got the hang of the eyfs or the paperwork :eek: I feel such a failure about not being able to get the hang of it i just don't know who to turn to!!! :crying:

Dragonfly
23-05-2011, 06:17 PM
Im sure there is loads of childminders that feel the same as you (i'm one of them) I got a good grade in my first inspection under the EYFS but have been minding 15 years, when things were so much simpliar:)
The person to ask is Sarah 707 she can suggest e books to help.but do the best you can thats all you can do.

mrs coops
23-05-2011, 06:19 PM
i was hoping there was other people who felt like me lol i got satisfactuary on my inspection and felt rubbish over that to. my thing is i'd rather sit and play with lo's all day :laughing:

Stew....pid
23-05-2011, 06:32 PM
i can honestly say i cant make head nor tail of it, the wife helps me with mine and keeps saying its quite straight forward really, she tries to explain but still it doesnt sink in, im glad its not just me as i was starting to think i was a bit thick :( :)

Mookins
23-05-2011, 06:32 PM
thats how you link things the EYFS observations, playing observing and then planning next steps from what youve seen

"A" was playing with dinosaurs
obsereved she liked the green ones
next steps introduce different types of green,Different sizes and add other green animals and perhaps something for them to be in like sand or bubbles

You then are covering various areas in the EYFS :clapping:
then more obs from that for the next lot of steps

and at the same time you get to play in the bubbles with dinosaurs:clapping: :laughing:

xxx

mrs coops
23-05-2011, 06:49 PM
the thing is i know once i get my head round it i will be fine but it takes time for it to sink in lol just wish it would hurry up :laughing:

mrs coops
23-05-2011, 06:52 PM
thats how you link things the EYFS observations, playing observing and then planning next steps from what youve seen

"A" was playing with dinosaurs
obsereved she liked the green ones
next steps introduce different types of green,Different sizes and add other green animals and perhaps something for them to be in like sand or bubbles

You then are covering various areas in the EYFS :clapping:
then more obs from that for the next lot of steps

and at the same time you get to play in the bubbles with dinosaurs:clapping: :laughing:

xxx

Thanks for answering i don't mean to sound thick just feel like confidence has gone lately and let things slide .

Mookins
23-05-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks for answering i don't mean to sound thick just feel like confidence has gone lately and let things slide .

im sorry if i sounded patronising, but you are right as soon as it sinks you are like

" OH YEAH":rolleyes: exactly as i was... xx

mumto3
23-05-2011, 09:56 PM
I havent started doing the childminding course yet and Im worried that I wont beable to do it, its the one thing that puts me off and i really wanna look into and 'get it' before i go any further

Thing with me is, I have been a stay at home mum for 3 1/2 years now and before that I worked in nursery for 13 years, i have level 2, 3 and 4 qualifications, the eyfs came into play just as i was leaving or just after i think so I never actually did it in practice, for the last 6 years of nursery I was in management and my favourite part was the finance side of things, of course i had to get involved in the planning side of things and support staff but there was always other senior staff that were better at it than i was, i tried learning from them but it was like it didnt go in, hitting a brick wall :confused:

i just hope i can get my head around it this time, ive been reading lots on here (which helps loads and its a great forum :thumbsup: ) but when i read about long, medium and weekly planning, themes, observations, linking it to eyfs then next steps, then their learning journey, im like :panic:

im sure once i sit down and look at it, it wont be as daunting, i have my own 2 year old at home with me, ive been watching him and trying to think what i would do if he was my mindee but i just dont know what i should be doing :(