PDA

View Full Version : Should I chase or just leave it?

suzyjane73
23-05-2011, 10:33 AM
I had my first visit from a potential customer on friday and mum and dad seemed really keen and I suggested they think about it over the weekend and get back to me. So it's monday and not heard yet. Should I ring Mum and ask? or leave it. I know they are pretty desperate as their current childminder is retiring in 2 weeks time and there are only a few childminders locally. I'm worried they are put off because I am newly registered and don't yet have any mindees!

Stew....pid
23-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Leave it till Wednesday then ring and say you have had another enquiry and they are coming to chat that evening, and you would like to know if they need your services so you know where you stand on taking another client on as they will fill that space, that way you dont look like your chasing :)

suzyjane73
23-05-2011, 10:43 AM
Brilliant advise!!

Thanks very much, I didn't want to appear too keen or too desperate!:blush:

angeldelight
23-05-2011, 11:14 AM
Good luck hope its good news when you speak to them

Angel xx

JoJo*
26-05-2011, 09:56 PM
Hi, just wondered what you decided to do in the end?
I had my first meet with parents Tues and am still waiting?

miffy
27-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I had my first visit from a potential customer on friday and mum and dad seemed really keen and I suggested they think about it over the weekend and get back to me. So it's monday and not heard yet. Should I ring Mum and ask? or leave it. I know they are pretty desperate as their current childminder is retiring in 2 weeks time and there are only a few childminders locally. I'm worried they are put off because I am newly registered and don't yet have any mindees!

Is this the one who's just signed up or another one?

Miffy xx

suzyjane73
27-05-2011, 09:55 AM
Did as advised and waited a couple of days, then sent a txt to mum to say that I'd had another enquiry for one of the days she wanted and did she still want the place. She txt back straight away and arranged a time to come round and sign the paperwork. My first customer, very pleased!:clapping:

Mollymop
27-05-2011, 10:15 AM
I'm a very pleased to hear it has worked out well for you! :clapping: