PDA

View Full Version : Activities help!

NicoleW
21-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Sorry I didn't know where to post this.

I have an almost 12 month old (who is 1 next saturday!)

She isn't mobile, was born early so is a bit behind developing. She's only just got to the point where she can sit unaided safely. She can't stand, I try and encourage her to pull herself up which she does sometimes but falls back on her bum. When I put her into the standing position she automatically lifts her legs up so she's sitting in mid-air!

Everything still goes into her mouth, she doesn't press buttons on toys or things like that. She can't sit in a highchair as she still slumps down and to the side so after a few minutes all you can see is her head

All the acitivies on this forum aren't suitable for her I don't think as they are too old for her.

I've made playdough for her, which she attempted to eat then got bored lol. Painting is the same, she gets it on her hands then eats it but I won't really let her, then she cries be put down.

Any ideas?

Maza
21-05-2011, 10:07 PM
I'm thinking treasure baskets.

Do you have a bumbo? My daughter used to love hers when she had just learnt to sit unaided. I got it off ebay with a tray which could be used for messy play or toys. They can only do a few minutes in it at a time as they will get tired easily. I think the tray is lipped and so you could even put a small amount of water on it for her to splash about in. If you want to do messy fun activities you could do it with edible things as she is still putting everything in her mouth - jelly is fun!

Do you have a baby gym to encourage her to reach for hanging toys? Ball pools are also good.

Lots of action rhymes.
Good luck. x

NicoleW
21-05-2011, 10:13 PM
She has a jumperoo, and a gym but she's worked out how to get the toys off the gym.

She rolls over, sits up, unhooks the toys and throws them around.

I have a bumbo for her, and when she does get bored she's worked out how she can lean forward to get out of it :) but I will look for a tray for it, as I do find it hard to let her play with food with the current high chair I have so I will definately look for a tray

My LO got a sand and water pit for her birthday, it's a big plastic one in the shape of an apple. I could get balls and let her play with them in there? I think she'll actuyally love that