PDA

View Full Version : Taking on a new child but worried about informing current mindees parents

swindonminder
21-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi,

I am currently minding 2 children at present. I had a meeting with a new parent last night and she wants me to start asap.

I'm a bit worried about informing my other parents that I have a new child starting. I have had conversations with one of the parents about taking on more children but I said I wasn't intending on minding any more at the moment. I got the feeling she would like a smaller group of children so her daughter would have more one on one time.

The lady who contacted wanted to use me last year but then her husband lost his job.

The little boy is 3 and I'm really looking forward to him joining the setting as at the moment I have 2 younger girls.

Has any one else felt like this. I will only have all the children on 2 days.

:(

Louise0208
21-05-2011, 05:50 PM
you dont need to inform the parents, its your business not the parents :thumbsup:

Will she even notice? will the new LO be there when LO is collected/dropped off?

dont stress it :p she could always pay for the remaining 2/3/4 places so LO doesnt mingle with anyone else :D

Playmate
21-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I'm afraid its your business and you choose how many children you have and providing you are within your ratios the parents have no right to question this. :D

SYLVIA
21-05-2011, 10:08 PM
As playmate says if you are within your limits its up to you. Sometimes the children get on better when there is more of them i find.

miffy
21-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm afraid its your business and you choose how many children you have and providing you are within your ratios the parents have no right to question this. :D

I agree - if the parent just wants one-on-one time for her child she needs a nanny not a childminder

Miffy xx

glitzygal
21-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Hi, dont worry

as the others say, if you want to take on more children, you do,,

try making it the other way, your child will have great fun with the new mindee,

i sometimes put a welcome note in my newsletter, and they have to put up with the fact new one is starting,,,

go with the flow,
good luck..:thumbsup:

onceinabluemoon
22-05-2011, 05:26 AM
As others have said, it's nothing to do with other parents how many children you take on as long as you are within your numbers.

I wouldn't even mention it for a week or two then send out a newsletter and have a 'welcome to Billy' bit on it saying how well he has settled in and what form friends the children are becoming etc (if this is true). That way parents dont get stressed about things that aren't happening (the what-ifs)

Have fun with your new mindee and I hope they all settle in well together x

swindonminder
22-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Thank you for all your messages, I was planning on doing a newsletter for may so I will defiantly add the welcome bit in there as well.

:)

The Juggler
22-05-2011, 10:46 AM
hon, as everyone else has said you can do what you like. If this parent has concerns point out to her Ofsted think it's OK for you to have 3. Also might be worth poiniting out that if you have 3 if one leaves the other will still have a playmate.