PDA

View Full Version : MM insurance question!

Lady Haha
20-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Always been with NCMA, but because of the huge price difference I took out MM childminder's insurance instead and printed off my certificate ready to laminate and stick up in the hallway.....and I noticed it says 'Employers Liability Insurance' and states stuff about me being covered for my employees blah blah.

I don't employ anyone! I don't want to be covered for my non existant employees, I want to be covered for the kids I look after :panic:

Went back on the website to make sure I had actually bought the right thing and I have, so just please reassure me that I have indeed got childminder's insurance here!

rickysmiths
20-05-2011, 10:38 PM
MM include Employees Liability in their Public Liability insurance wether you want it or not. NCMA do them seperately. This is why MM insurance is a lot more expensive than NCMAs.

Lady Haha
20-05-2011, 10:47 PM
MM include Employees Liability in their Public Liability insurance wether you want it or not. NCMA do them seperately. This is why MM insurance is a lot more expensive than NCMAs.

Thanks! But on the subject of cost. Don't you HAVE to take out NCMA membership to get their insurance? The insurance is £25 but the membership is nearly £70! Which takes it up to over £90. MM was £42, insurance only.

sarah707
21-05-2011, 06:42 AM
The certificate you have from MM is correct.

It gives you a significant amount of cover for your money :D