PDA

View Full Version : advice

rose hol
20-05-2011, 08:50 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: Do you think its worth your while upgrading to gold membership on the childcare.co.uk?? My local FIS no longer advertises childminders!!! Not happy!

sarah707
20-05-2011, 09:33 PM
I am a gold member and find it very useful to be able to reply to other members / parents who might want to use my services.

some LAs are setting up their own systems as well so keep in touch locally :D

miffy
20-05-2011, 09:33 PM
I've no idea, I'm not a member.

Didn't want to read and run - hopefully someone will be along to answer you soon

Miffy xx

rose hol
21-05-2011, 08:37 AM
Thaanks. Might wait a little longer then. x

Mrs M
21-05-2011, 08:40 AM
I am a gold member and find it very useful to be able to reply to other members / parents who might want to use my services.

some LAs are setting up their own systems as well so keep in touch locally :D

Sarah I couldn't find our advertisements on FIS - am I looking in the wrong place?! x

sarah707
21-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Sarah I couldn't find our advertisements on FIS - am I looking in the wrong place?! x

I am not sure the new system is up and running in East Cheshire yet.

Some LAs are responding quicker than others to the FIS site closing down.

I think they said end of May when I last spoke to them :D

braichey
22-05-2011, 08:27 PM
I recently registered and had forms from my fis to complete which i duely did. I then looked on the site and couldnt find a link or anything! So i just put it into google and found where they advertise everyone. i can remember it now but give me a minute and ill have another look......

Playmate
22-05-2011, 08:30 PM
I find it extremely useful to be a gold member. I have messaged many parents looking for childcare and as a result we have taken 4 of them on.:D

braichey
22-05-2011, 08:48 PM
ok,took a while but i got it www.openfamilyservicesdirectory.org.uk ,(ofs)national coverage, local family services
i think its council run so just put your postie in and theyl bring up a list with all cms details on that you originally submitted, if you consented to having your details online.

flowerpots
23-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Im a gold member and i think its great, i got my current full time siblings from childcare.co.uk and have interest on a weekly basis :D

rose hol
23-05-2011, 10:30 PM
I have now become a member:clapping: :clapping: . Now just waiting for the phone to ring.:)

flowerpots
24-05-2011, 05:22 AM
:clapping: yay! hope it starts ringing soon for you hun :clapping: