PDA

View Full Version : EVER MADE A MISTAKE WHEN TEXTING?

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 07:31 PM
I remember I did a few years ago - I text Leanne in the forum and called her a Lesbian by mistake :laughing: :laughing: Lucky she realised and knows me

I saw this conversation earlier by someone

Male - Be warned - I am dumping you when we get home tonight

Female -Fine with me I was just thinking we could do with some time apart

Male - WHAT JENNA :eek: :eek: - Damn it I meant to say jumping you not dumping you !!

Now you are saying you want to break up ?????

Female - ooops this is awkward !

Made me laugh

Angel xx

Trouble
20-05-2011, 07:32 PM
you sent me one this week for someone else !!!!!

skytvaddict
20-05-2011, 07:35 PM
I sent one yesterday telling my DP that my friend had just told me her dh moved out 2 weeks ago! Trouble is I sent it to the friend and not my DP! Luckily she saw the funny side and believed I was sending it to DP and not generally gossiping! :blush:

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 07:41 PM
you sent me one this week for someone else !!!!!

Typical me ha ha

:laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 07:41 PM
I sent one yesterday telling my DP that my friend had just told me her dh moved out 2 weeks ago! Trouble is I sent it to the friend and not my DP! Luckily she saw the funny side and believed I was sending it to DP and not generally gossiping! :blush:

:laughing:

Funny

Angel xx

funemnx
20-05-2011, 07:44 PM
My SIL, newly single sent her friend a text saying that she really liked a fella, only she sent it to the fella instead!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They did date for a while after that though so it worked out well in the end ;)

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 07:48 PM
My SIL, newly single sent her friend a text saying that she really liked a fella, only she sent it to the fella instead!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They did date for a while after that though so it worked out well in the end ;)

That is def the sort of thing I would do ha I mean wrong text - I dont mean to a male ha ha

Glad it worked out in the end though

Angel xx

Mouse
20-05-2011, 07:50 PM
DH once sent me a saucy text, but sent it to his friend by mistake :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

angeldelight
20-05-2011, 07:55 PM
DH once sent me a saucy text, but sent it to his friend by mistake :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

What did his friend say :laughing:

Angel xx

Mouse
20-05-2011, 08:07 PM
What did his friend say :laughing:

Angel xx

He sent one back saying he appreciated the offer, but he was washing his hair that night :laughing: :laughing:

Chimps Childminding
20-05-2011, 08:50 PM
I sent a message to one of my brothers moaning about the other - except I sent it to the brother I was moaning about :eek: Luckily it was something I could explain away :littleangel: Now I always check I am sending it to the right one when I am having a whinge :D

caz3007
20-05-2011, 08:54 PM
When my marriage was breaking up, I accidently sent a text to a so called friend who was also a friend of my ex hubbies. The text was intended to be sent to a guy I was having a bit of a flirtation with, so called friend told ex hubby and it caused me loads of problems. :angry: I will hasten to add our marriage was over, but unfortunately we were living under the same roof

But hey that was years ago

rose hol
20-05-2011, 08:55 PM
I always find if me and my buddies have found out some hot gossip about someone, i always find myself checking my phone, just in case it has magicaly switched on, and said person is listerning to the conversation!!!! Maybe thats just me?:littleangel:

charleyfarley
20-05-2011, 09:17 PM
My friend once received a text off another friend which was obviously meant for the bloke she was having an affair with :panic:OOPS. Hope that makes sense.

Carol xx

glitzygal
20-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I was having payment troubles from a parent, few times, she mde excuses.

well one day she said she had text me about not been able to get money due to being ill,
so being fed up after it being about th 5th time, i sent a text to a childminder friend, saying oh guess what X hasnt payed again, she ill again, well no shopping for me,,,,

and X text back, I am sorry I am ill and I will get it to you as soon as I am not being sick, So you can get your shopping......

I felt awfal, SO I text back sorry, Childminder friend was taking me shopping so I had to cancel,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,fewwwwwwwwww

she appologised and her mum came to me withinhour with my money...........

so Luckily IT wasnt to bad, I have in passed said some moany stuff about the fact they havent payed..............

I do check now..............

she still stayed with me few years.................:thumbsup:

aly
20-05-2011, 10:16 PM
i sent a text to si yesterday saying that now our new kitchen is finally being fitted and nearly finished that i could do with a new ipod dic* and not dock...

lol

Stew....pid
21-05-2011, 08:41 AM
Yes.................

i texted a work collegue letting him know the company weld inspector was on his way and he was as bigger idiot as he was last time he visited........ yup i sent it to the inspector who texted back thanking me for my kind words and we became good friends thro it (he's still and idiot) :D

And a rather embarrasing one telling a girlfriend how lucky she was gonna be that night.......... and it went to my mum, hmmmmmm that was awkward :blush:

loocyloo
21-05-2011, 08:12 PM
my mum was staying last weekend and driving me potty ... DH and DS had been having a hair cut and we were meeting them later ...

i sent DH a text saying 'how are you doing?' i was ABOUT to write, mum is driving me potty, when she came to stand next to me, so i couldn't ... i pressed send and yup! mums phone beeped and i'd sent it to her !!

:laughing: what a lucky escape that was! :laughing: i could never have talked my way out of that one !!!

singlewiththree
21-05-2011, 08:35 PM
My ex sent me one by mistake meant for his GF we were going through a divorce and things were going calmly I thought until I got his txt about me that was supposed to go to her! It reminded me why we were divorcing.

I'm also double and triple checking the txts I send as I've sent so many to the wrong people I need to be extra sure. Especially when I'm having a few txt conversations on my phone at the same time and one is my ex and one is my BF I have to be extra sure I'm sending the soppy stuff and putting xxxx to the right person :)

karensmart4
22-05-2011, 12:33 PM
My friend was having serious problems in her marriage and had starting seeing someone...... she sent a goodnight slightly saucey message to the 'new' friend and then her teenage daughter came flying down the stairs..... shouting 'who the :censored: is John.........:eek: :eek:

She has divorced her husband and married John since, and her daughter has accepted him phew :D

PixiePetal
22-05-2011, 02:17 PM
my 2 best friends were organising my 40th birthday, having meetings without me. One sent a text to the other but sent it to me instead :laughing: it only gave away that I was going somewhere for the day. I replied - 'think that was meant for 'J'! '

she was mortified but we all saw the funny side.

She also sent text to a parent about her being late again - was meant for her DH - took a lot of explaining and apologies :o

I ALWAYS check the persons name before I send text/email

The Juggler
22-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I had one from a parent once saying 'N (me) is going away, cancel the flowers)' bless I felt awful :panic: :(

alwaysright
23-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I always find if me and my buddies have found out some hot gossip about someone, i always find myself checking my phone, just in case it has magicaly switched on, and said person is listerning to the conversation!!!! Maybe thats just me?:littleangel:

thats exactly what i do....some may call it paranoid..

a minder friend of mine was having a problem with a parent and sent me a ranting txt bout her but.....she sent it to the parent :laughing: :laughing:
needless to say she never saw the child again :laughing:

karen48
24-05-2011, 01:18 PM
my story is quite a sad one i thought i was texting my horrible ex sis law. I was having a go at her, i sent it to her daughter by mistake and since then my neice and 2 nephews have not spoken to us for 8 years. I feel my parents have missed out on their grandchildren, but then again she would of found another reason for us not to see them.

I now double check who i'm sending text to.

Karen

blue bear
24-05-2011, 03:16 PM
Read about a scout leader who sent a message to the children to " remember to bring your willies". Meant wellies!

Helen Dempster
24-05-2011, 05:44 PM
It wasn't a text, but a girl I used to work with forwarded a very rude Irish joke to me (or so she thought!!!!) What she actually did was to forward it to every single department in the building and outside buildings the company owned, from Directors to cleaners.....oh how we laughed!!!!! :eek:

Milli147
24-05-2011, 07:12 PM
I used to have a friend who constantly took advantage asking me to have her kids for her all the time (this was pre childminding days.)
I always used to say yes like a total mug, and then feel really annoyed.

One evening she sent me this really long text asking me to have her two again the next day for some really crap reason....my dh was away, so I wrote "is she taking the p**s??' at the top and forwarded it to him to see......unfortunately I hit reply, not forward......:panic: :panic: :panic:

Babycat
24-05-2011, 11:25 PM
These are hilarious! I always check because if you are speaking about someone you often send things to them- not always bit**y but anything..I sometimes phone people by mistake to as I was thinking or speaking about them previous!

how funny is that scout thing! SACK! lol

angeldelight
25-05-2011, 06:46 AM
These are really funny

Thanks for sharing

Angel xx