PDA

View Full Version : ICP Exam - this Thursday

cornetjo
29-04-2008, 10:18 AM
I have my ICP exam this Thursday and am getting really nervous as I dont seem to have done very well in the mock papers we did last week. The questions seem really ambiguous, even the tutor said she would have given a different answer to the correct one. I dont feel confident now, especially with the box questions.

Does anyone know when I will know if I have passed or now, and if I do get "referred" how long will it be before I can redo it.

Thanks.

foxy lady
29-04-2008, 10:34 AM
my icp results took 8 weeks it was awful having to wait.
i think it depends on what part of the country you live in.
good luck with you exam on thursday
foxy

Mollymop
29-04-2008, 10:59 AM
Good luck! Everyone worries that they will fail this exam because the questions are quite difficult, but most people do pass ok.
Just make sure you read the questions thoroughly, if the question asks about Safety, think of the the answer which is mainly to do with safety.
One question I had was "what is the value of a toy library to a childminder?" the answers could have all been correct, but I chose the answer which spoke about money "beause the childminder does not have to buy new toys at the real cost" something like that anyway.
MAke sure you fill in the answer sheet correctly as well, we had to use pencil, even to fill our names in, we were told if any of this was incorrect we would automatically fail.
You'll be ok, i am sure of it X

sarah707
29-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Which questions are you worried about?

Can you ask your tutor for some help if you can both get there early or is there anything you can ask us about? :D

manjay
29-04-2008, 11:20 AM
I would just say answer the questions as a child care professional rather than a parent and take your time to read the questions. When I did mine we were told that the Welsh Assembly start up grant would pay for two attempts at it so I wouldn't worry. Mine and hubbys results took 6 weeks

Good luck

amanda x

bubbly
29-04-2008, 11:26 AM
I know what you mean about those 'box' questions. I found them extremely hard in my mock exams too. I was dreading them in the proper exam (which I did last Nov) but fortunately there wasn't a single 'box' question on my paper. Your may not get any on yours either so don't get too depressed. You may be pleasantly surprised :)

Good luck, you'll be fine.

Kelly
29-04-2008, 11:41 AM
You'll be fine, every time I look at one of the ICP exam papers it does make me wonder! I have found that the more confusing questions are the multi choice ones, just take your time and eliminate the ones it can't be and then think childcare not parent. Then the statement ones, once again read each statement seperatley and consider if they are true or false (half the question anwsered) then ask yourself if the reason is because of the statement, confused yet? I think I've confused myself :laughing:

Good luck :thumbsup:

Kelly

Banana
29-04-2008, 11:44 AM
The statement questions confused the hell out of me when I did my test - I was so worried about passing that I just couldnt manage to get them to make sense to me when I read them (I failed my first exam) mostly because I answered my questions as a parent and not a childminder and from flapping so much. Second time round I went into the exam much calmer and pleased to say I passed.

Dont worry yourself about it and you will do fine!

Good luck

xx

rachel1
29-04-2008, 07:48 PM
Hello,

Just though id write a quick post 2 say good luck.

I did mine 3 weeks ago and if you have the same paper - there was no box questions - Woooo :)

I should be getting my result this week - but with people saying they had to wait 8 weeks I’m not to sure lol.
If you do have the same paper as me I will just say what has being previously said and that is to look at questions from a child care point of view - not parent as there was a few questions that I thought could have had more than 1 answer then re looked at it from a childminders point of view.

I’m trying to think of the questions that was on the paper but cannot remember - it was a bit of a blur lol. Not that I was insinuating you cheat! :blush: Ha-ha.

I’m sure you will do very well - let us know how you get on.

Good luck

Rachelxx

Lottie
29-04-2008, 07:59 PM
I have just taken my ICP exam (an hour ago) and suprisingly it wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. The questions are so ambiguous that I had to re-read them again and again. I think they are designed to throw you.

The questions I had will most likely be different to yours... All I can say, after just doing this, is remember that the child is the main concern when it comes to the answers.

angeldelight
30-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Just wanted to say good luck

Angel xx